Plugin Contributions

Default Question about enable Wishlist

Hi, I am vary new for zencart, got an question here. I install the wishlist2.0 addon and add a link in the header, but the script wont work the way it should be, my header will show the wishlist link no matter the customer have or not have item in the list. The script I add in the header are as follow. Please help me out, I am not a programmer ... just understand some basic programmer language

<!--bof wish list -->
    <?php if (UN_MODULE_WISHLISTS_ENABLED) { ?>
    <li class="dropdown pull-right"><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(UN_FILENAME_WISHLISTS, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo UN_HEADER_TITLE_WISHLIST; ?></a></li>
    <?php }
    else
    {}
    ?>
    <!--eof wish list -->

Thanks so much

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Question about enable Wishlist

I think this is missing

UN_MODULE_WISHLISTS_ENABLED

Actually if you want to use this module, you only need to insert this on your header

<a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(UN_FILENAME_WISHLISTS, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo UN_HEADER_TITLE_WISHLIST; ?></a>
    Our Site: http://zucando.com
    Marketing Plugins: Marketing Modules
    Free Response Templates: Responsive Templates

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lofu View Post
    Hi, I am vary new for zencart, got an question here. I install the wishlist2.0 addon and add a link in the header, but the script wont work the way it should be, my header will show the wishlist link no matter the customer have or not have item in the list. The script I add in the header are as follow. Please help me out, I am not a programmer ... just understand some basic programmer language

<!--bof wish list -->
    <?php if (UN_MODULE_WISHLISTS_ENABLED) { ?>
    <li class="dropdown pull-right"><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(UN_FILENAME_WISHLISTS, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo UN_HEADER_TITLE_WISHLIST; ?></a></li>
    <?php }
    else
    {}
    ?>
    <!--eof wish list -->

Thanks so much
    Quote Originally Posted by cvhainb View Post
    I think this is missing

UN_MODULE_WISHLISTS_ENABLED

Actually if you want to use this module, you only need to insert this on your header

<a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(UN_FILENAME_WISHLISTS, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo UN_HEADER_TITLE_WISHLIST; ?></a>
    I think the desire here was if there is nothing identified by the user to be in the wishlist, then do not show the header ("coded" above), but if there is an item selected to be in the wishlist, then show the above code.

In your original if statement where you checked to see if the wishlist was enabled, you would want to instead inspect whatever variable is created to represent the wishlist and see if there are items in it. Some of this should be possible to identify in the file referenced by UN_FILENAME_WISHLISTS. Somewhere in there (or in a file referenced by it) there should be something that indicates like if quantity >0 or there are x-items in wishlist, etc...

If the installation package includes a file in includes/classes, then review of the classes file(s) should help identify a routine that would tell you the number of items, or at least the variable that identifies that quantity.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, I will try to look into the classes files