Plugin Contributions

Default Apsona Shop Admin - Loading Updated Price but Not Showing - Help!

Hi!

We're using Apsona Shopadmin to download our products, perform our yearly pricing update, and re-upload the data to ZC.

When we download a product line, we see a "Price" column and a "Price Sorter" column in the spreadsheet. Based on the data in the download file, we inferred that the "Price" was list price, and the "Price Sorter" was the discount price. So, we updated all of the "Price Sorter" column values, and re-uploaded our spreadsheet into ZC. However, the new values supplied in "Price Sorter" are not affecting our price on the website front end or in the admin catalog.

Important information - we use the Product Price Manager to set our list and sales price.

So, I guess the question is - can we use Apsona to change prices (via export/import) that are set using the Product Price Manager?

Any guidance is greatly appreciated - we are losing money until we get this updated!

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Apsona Shop Admin - Loading Updated Price but Not Showing - Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Bleill View Post
    Hi!

We're using Apsona Shopadmin to download our products, perform our yearly pricing update, and re-upload the data to ZC.

When we download a product line, we see a "Price" column and a "Price Sorter" column in the spreadsheet. Based on the data in the download file, we inferred that the "Price" was list price, and the "Price Sorter" was the discount price. So, we updated all of the "Price Sorter" column values, and re-uploaded our spreadsheet into ZC. However, the new values supplied in "Price Sorter" are not affecting our price on the website front end or in the admin catalog.

Important information - we use the Product Price Manager to set our list and sales price.

So, I guess the question is - can we use Apsona to change prices (via export/import) that are set using the Product Price Manager?

Any guidance is greatly appreciated - we are losing money until we get this updated!

Thank you!
    So, stab in the dark, because I recognize the importance of continuing the need to get back to business.

Do you usually use a percentage or an actual price when applying the specials price? Is there a value that corresponds with that ratio in your data table?

I don't have this particular plugin installed, but could consider a few things to try: create a new product to do a test on to find the piece of data that needs to be modified.

Or download your data, modify a single product with the price manager, download the data, see if anything changed for that row of data. (Copy and paste both lines old and new to a single sheet and compare them. Could use an if statement across (in cell a3 of your favorite spreadsheet program, if a1<>a2,"x","")

If there is no difference, then either the method of downloading or the data to be downloaded does not include the desired data.

Again, I haven't used this product, but am trying to help out. I would think that it might be able to handle sale data somehow, the price manager is just a tool that combines several pieces of data into a single view, it's more comprehensive than the individual tools/options.

Let me know if can be of more help.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Price is the normal price.
    Price sorter is the price after any discounts are applied, specifically to use when a sort is required on a list of product prices.
    I would forget manipulating it at all, there is no need.
    When you have done your upload of the new base prices, go to
    Admin->Store Manager->Update ALL Products Price Sorter
    and you are done.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by torvista View Post
    Price is the normal price.
    Price sorter is the price after any discounts are applied, specifically to use when a sort is required on a list of product prices.
    I would forget manipulating it at all, there is no need.
    When you have done your upload of the new base prices, go to
    Admin->Store Manager->Update ALL Products Price Sorter
    and you are done.
    Thing is, if I understood correctly, they aren't changing their base price, it remains the same, they are wanting to change the final price. If that is what will happen by following your direction(s), then great, if not, what next for doing this in apsona?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Bleill View Post
    Hi!

Thank you!
    Btw, don't know why I didn't think of this the other night, but seeing that you have already populated a spreadsheet with probably enough information to in some way create a query, would need to look at the involvedtables, to see how you could create a query from what you have to just plug in, so at least the financial bleeding can stop. Then can talk about ways to do this the right way next time if the previous support didn't work.

Plugin Contributions

Thing is, if I understood correctly, they aren't changing their base price, it remains the same, they are wanting to change the final price. If that is what will happen by following your direction(s), then great, if not, what next for doing this in apsona?
    From doing a quick test and db compare I find that when you add a special price to a product in the admin, it adds a new entry in the specials table and changes the product_price_sorter field in the product table.

The displayed price comes from the specials table record, not the products_price_sorter field.

So, you can update the base price with Apsona, but any products with specials will display the old price.
    (Running Admin->Store Manager->Update ALL Products Price Sorter will update the products_price_sorter field with the old specials price.)

I am surprised to find this functionality missing from Apsona.

So, either you must update the specials prices manually or export and re-import via other means (easypopulate, Pentaho Data Integration or even PHPmyadmin can export-import CSVs of a table).
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...