Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: how to incorporate structured data markup in zen cart for product pages

Good to see 1.6 adding in the new markup from the get go.

I would suggest opengraph as well (facebook, pinterest, etc).

Here is what I followed to get a lot of my site done, but then went a few steps further. Once you understand what you are doing and schema.org, it becomes a lot 'clearer'.

http://pro-webs.net/store/index.php?...roducts_id=375

Plugin Contributions

Default Structured Data plugin?

Just curious if anyone is working on an RDF plugin for zen cart? I used to have Structured Data SEO formats on my last website and having recently switched to Zen Cart (completely and totally Zenned BTW!!!!) I was wondering if anyone was working on a Structured Data plugin? I'm tinkering with the idea of writing on myself if there isn't one already out there. Anybody know of any?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Structured Data plugin?

DivaVocals wrote one and can be found here it is based on this blog written by Melanie

Plugin Contributions

Also, per comments left at the end of the article, ZC 1.6 is expected to incorporate the tags. Still a bit off in the future for that, but it is being incorporated.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

So, being new (and somewhat still ignorant ) to the Zenned way of life (OSC convert and loving every minute of it!!) I assume the GITHUB is a place for developer to meet and work together on different plugins and such for Zen Cart?!?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Stitcher View Post
    So, being new (and somewhat still ignorant ) to the Zenned way of life (OSC convert and loving every minute of it!!) I assume the GITHUB is a place for developer to meet and work together on different plugins and such for Zen Cart?!?
    It starting to go that way, yes. And once a mod is 100% ready for final release most of the time it will be added to the plugin page here as well.

Plugin Contributions

Generally speaking github is for the entire public to come together to provide and work on a program or similar work. It allows a project to progress forward while "forking" off to try new ideas and implementations. Once considered beneficial the one adding support/code can ask the holder of the master to incorporate (merge) the code into the "production" software. So it's not just for ZC, in fact I've seen some OS projects there as well. Ideally though, once a product is good for the public then it is offered to the ZC community as a plugin. Until then it is to be considered a "test" product as it has not gone through the review of the ZC "staff". It is/has been considered that github could be used and loosely referred to in the ZC forums, but it is not THE place to have ZC software. There are I think some other similar host sites, but I am drawing a blank.

Also, it's not like github is a "social" get together place, but it does allow the download of the software and ability to generate revisions of your own. Ideally though the project should remain cohesive and not generate multiple versions. There is some ability to "talk" to one another, but again github is for development more than anything.

Plugin Contributions

Awesome. Thanks for taking the time to explain the in's and out's of it to me. Being the new guy on campus can sometimes be a little intimidating and the last thing I wanna do is step on anyone's toes (theoretically of course!!). From what I've seen so far, Zen Cart is leaps and bounds ahead of ANY of the others (and I've used most of them). It's nice to be working on something so well thought out and put together. Hopefully I will be able to offer my 2 cents worth (when typically it's not worth the 2 cents!!!).

Plugin Contributions

Awesome. Thanks for taking the time to explain the in's and out's of it to me. Being the new guy on campus can sometimes be a little intimidating and the last thing I wanna do is step on anyone's toes (theoretically of course!!). From what I've seen so far, Zen Cart is leaps and bounds ahead of ANY of the others (and I've used most of them). It's nice to be working on something so well thought out and put together. Hopefully I will be able to offer my 2 cents worth (when typically it's not worth the 2 cents!!!).
    Well, please do add where you can. As a new user, if nothing else when you do ask more questions (and you will) do your best to follow the guidelines for posting. They are basic things that will help frame the situation and allow others to troubleshoot. When providing help do your best to provide references to existing answers or as complete of a solution as you can. As you look through recent posts, maybe there is something you have a solution for because you experienced it and you can help someone else having the same issue. All-in-all maintain an open mind and continue to be polite, and the next phase of ZC will come that much faster and better. :). Good luck!

Plugin Contributions

Default Google Snippets, Structured Data, update or help with Melanie's Code

I have a modified template, so my page didn't exactly match the code in her example. The original code that I used from Melanie's link http://pro-webs.net/blog/2012/09/25/...org-microdata/ (added to my site in early 2013) is generating structured data except the images. The code is sending the images from the template I'm using. Product Name, Identifier, Brand, Availability, Condition, Category, Currency, Price (kind of), and Description all seem to be correct. Here's the structured data my webmasters tools is showing for images.

image: http ://my-site.com/includes/templates/abagon/buttons/english/button_prev.gif
    image: http ://my-site.com/includes/templates/abagon/buttons/english/button_return_to_product_list.gif
    image: http: //my-site.com/includes/templates/abagon/buttons/english/button_next.gif
    image: http: //my-site com/includes/templates/abagon/buttons/english/button_prev.gif
    image: http: //my-site.com/includes/templates/abagon/buttons/english/button_return_to_product_list.gif
    image: http: //my-site.com/includes/templates/abagon/buttons/english/button_next.gif[/url]
    image: http: //my-site.com/includes/templates/abagon/buttons/english/button_write_review.gif

Most of my photos names are relative, so this information being correct in my structured data would be helpful. Any updated code, look at my product page code for me, etc. would be GREEEEEATLY appreciated! Thanks!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast