Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Communication Timeout Encountered 8030 two emails received in UK

Hello there,

[also on 1.51 website, separate server same country]
    Firstly, I did find threads on this from 2011, but this only started happening a month or two ago. Basically, when an order is made using a credit card, the order does come through along with two emails titles "Communication Timeout Encountered (8030)":-

Cardinal Lookup 3[d30e2b2bdf53ae10d914ad61d1d9e688] Cardinal Centinel - cmpi_lookup error - 8030 - Communication Timeout Encountered

There are 3 steps to configuring your Cardinal 3D-Secure service properly:
    1-Login to the Cardinal Merchant Admin URL supplied in your welcome package (NOT the test URL), and accept the license agreement.
    2-Set a transaction password.
    3-Copy your Cardinal Merchant ID and Cardinal Transaction Password into your ZC PayPal module.

For specific help, please contact [email protected] to sort out your account configuration issues.

Problem observed while customer 1852 ****** was attempting checkout with 3D-Secure authentication. THEIR PURCHASE WAS NOT SUCCESSFUL. Please resolve this matter to enable future checkouts.

8030 - Communication Timeout Encountered

Problem occurred while customer 1852 ****** was attempting checkout with 3D-Secure authentication.

CURL error: 35-Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to paypal.cardinalcommerce.com:443

Around the time it started, Paypal made some changes as they alerted in an email. Also, I remember zencart having a notice to the effect that nothing needed to be done. So once these errors started, I stupidly just thought it was a glitch as orders were going through okay. But after seeing a few error codes pertaining to AVS, I tested my mastercard on a test and realised that after confirming on checkout, the Verified by Visa box is not popping up. Therefore leading to decline.

So I have contacted cardinal, and they are 'lead to believe' (quote) that this is an issue with connecting with Zencart and I should post here. I also backtracked paypal files to 1.51 version, and the same thing happens (I tried the beta release that came out). But also, I have a friend who has a 1.51 site, also in the United Kindgom, and they started to get the two email errors at the same time. So by the lack of relevant threads recently, and the fact that two sites in the same country getting the same errors, I was surprised there was a recent thread pertaining to it - but from digging around I think this may be country specific.

As always I am grateful for any help. I have looked around for related threads. I increased timeout to a greater number, I have reentered my transactional password and saved to config. I removed paypal modules and setup again from scratch using correct credentials. I am not sure what else to try :-(. I checked also the config in my cardinal account, just in case, also it shows me transactional password.

James

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Communication Timeout Encountered 8030 two emails received in UK

I just got a new error this morning, and only one email - not receiving the other two emails I quoted this time around. They are:-

Cardinal Lookup 3[75943377190e0ec1632e9ac30a55ab6d] Cardinal Centinel -
    cmpi_lookup error - 7063 - Connect Timeout Encountered While Expecting A
    Response From MAPS Server: The host did not accept the connection within
    timeout of 10000 ms

There are 3 steps to configuring your Cardinal 3D-Secure service properly:
    1-Login to the Cardinal Merchant Admin URL supplied in your welcome package
    (NOT the test URL), and accept the license agreement.
    2-Set a transaction password.
    3-Copy your Cardinal Merchant ID and Cardinal Transaction Password into your
    ZC PayPal module.

For specific help, please contact [email protected] to sort out
    your account configuration issues.

Problem observed while customer 25150 ***** was attempting checkout
    with 3D-Secure authentication. THEIR PURCHASE WAS NOT SUCCESSFUL. Please
    resolve this matter to enable future checkouts.
    With subject line of "Connect Timeout Encountered While Expecting A Response From MAPS Server: Th (7063)"

I tried a search on forum and on here but no mention of this error number. The order did go through, but I suspect Verified by Visa is not working still.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry to bump the thread in a way. I just want to reiterate that this is happening to a v1.51 and v1.52 website at the moment. All configured properly and based in UK with Payflow Pro UK accounts

Plugin Contributions

I have produced some debug logs, but I am not sure which one I need to paste here. Not wanting to elongate the post needlessly, I have not pasted them all. In all there was maybe ten log emails.

Plugin Contributions

Just an update, my friend let me look at their Email Archive Manager, as I cleared mine due to high level of emails. Their exact same issue started around the 10th of January. My recollection is the start of January. Around that time, Paypal sent an email to my paypal address to say they are updating the Payflow Pro. This surely must be the reason. I will contact Paypal and direct them to this thread as this is affecting two unrelated sites in the UK, and at the moment, I have turned of Payflow Pro

Plugin Contributions

I don't have any info for you but I do have a UK client with the same problem. If I find any info, I'll let you know. Have you found out anything more?
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

Hello there,

Thanks so much for replying to me! Its still the same, affecting three sites in the UK. Nothing has changed at the moment, I have had no response from Paypal and it has been two weeks! No service from them, even when directed to the correct department. I have been in contact with Cardinal Secure (the part that provides the verified by Visa part) and from their wording, they seem to be aware of it. But they say the problem lies within zencart, though my money is on the recent Paypal changes which were happening around the time this started. I will relay any further info I can get here, hopefully we can make some headway.

Plugin Contributions

We've made no headway on my UK client's problem. They are telling him it's the cart. Since both of you seem to have gained the problem around the same time, I think there's been paypal/cardinal changes that has not been noticed yet by zen cart. I'll keep you posted.
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

35-Unknown SSL protocol error
    This is a problem creating a secure connection from your server to the cardinal server.

1. There is much buzz across the interwebs saying that there's a CURL bug, which I suppose might have been added to your server by a software update. Allegedly it should be fixed by a future update. One such reference: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=175433

2. There's also a lot of buzz saying a similar error occurs when not specifying to use v3 for the SSL protocol version. So, you can try that by making the following code change:

/includes/modules/payment/paypaldp.php

around line 2305, locate this section:
    Code:
      function send3DSecureHttp($url, $data, $debugData) {      // verify that the URL uses a supported protocol.
        if ((strpos($url, "http://")=== 0) || (strpos($url, "https://")=== 0)) {

// create a new cURL resource and set params
          $ch = curl_init($url);
          curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST,1);
          curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, "cmpi_msg=".urlencode($data));
          curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST,  2);
          curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER,1);
          curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, FALSE);
          curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 8);
    Change that to the following instead:
    Code:

function send3DSecureHttp($url, $data, $debugData) {
        // verify that the URL uses a supported protocol.
        if ((strpos($url, "http://")=== 0) || (strpos($url, "https://")=== 0)) {

// create a new cURL resource and set params
          $ch = curl_init($url);
          curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST,1);
          curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, "cmpi_msg=".urlencode($data));
          curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER,1);
          curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 8);
          curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT, 8);
          curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSLVERSION, 3);
    Yes, some lines were removed, and some others added. This is intentional and important.

I'd be interested in knowing whether this helps, or what the error changes to.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hello DrByte,

Wow that helped as my Mastercard test card passed and the payment went through. Verified by Visa showed up at the right time. I am telling the other UK sites, they are on different servers. Thanks very much!!! I do realise hosts update things, I have had downtime in the past due to cpanel updates that I was unaware of.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast