Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Communication Timeout Encountered 8030 two emails received in UK

Did you just make the php changes and nothing else?
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

Hi Delia,
    It was just the PHP changes as DrByte advised. However, half an hour ago a customer just emailed to say it went blank when waiting for verified by Visa capture form. I will try and see if I can access logs somehow, and if I am able to, I will find out what caused this. I only tested a mastercard, looking at some orders from the last two days, I can see Visa. Unless Maestro or rare cards are not progressing? I can't rule out coincidence too, but I can't remember getting an email regarding this for a long long time.

Plugin Contributions

I don't think I can find any logs as the order did not progress to confirmation screen perhaps. Looking at the wording from the customer, it seems that they were waiting for the verified by visa box to show up, but they were not presented with anything to fill in.

Plugin Contributions

My client said that they found one server related problem but there are still issues. I'm quite sure no one has attempted the php fix there. Very frustrating as it is obviously some kind of change that has created problems and paypal/cardinal won't own up and help.

Plugin Contributions

Yes it is frustrating - I have a tracked email I sent to Paypal but they have not even replied! Just the automated one. Cardinal have been brilliant, they say it is something to do with the Paypal / zencart integration. I am sure it is Paypal, I found an email at the turn of the year saying they were making some changes, but all will be fine etc. All the orders since applying the php fix have been Visa. I am not sure what the recent customer was trying. I will definitely reply with anything else I can find in due course.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Clarification: The coding change I proposed specifically deals with the stage where Zen Cart has to talk to the Cardinal servers in order to begin the verification stage of the transaction.
    So, if you made those changes and it helped, then it's a Cardinal problem that it's fixing, not a PayPal problem.

(And the 8030 (all of the 4-digit 8000-series errors) error message is specifically a Cardinal error.)

Now, that said, the error talked about being unable to negotiate an SSL2 connection, and one of the aspects of the coding change I gave you specifically tells it to use SSL3 instead (by far the better choice nowadays). But in the absence of specifying a version (the code didn't mention a version previously), it leaves it up to PHP and OpenSSL software *on your server* to decide what version of SSL to use. So if your server is "suddenly" unable to negotiate SSL versions properly, then that suggests your hosting company is also to blame in this mix. Just sayin' ...

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

My client's problem actually was a DNS problem on his server - though we did put the other recommendations into play as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12