Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Customer purchase without creating an account

Hello, if this has been covered previously, please send me the link to the post if you can, I've looked but not able to find anything that fits what I am looking for.

I thought everything was good but had a possible customer call today asking to place an order over the phone as she didn't want to create an account in order to make a purchase. I wasn't aware that a visitor could not make the purchase without creating one.

Does anyone know how or what I can do to make it possible for someone to purchase without creating an account? Naturally, I'd like for them to create one but don't want them to leave because they can't.

Thanks for any information,

Jim
    Jim Stiles
    http://www.missyscollectibles.com
    Coming home to Zen Cart!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer purchase without creating an account

I would recommend Fast & Easy Checkout, only requires the needed information to purchase, if setup correctly
    http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=594

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bislewl View Post
    I would recommend Fast & Easy Checkout, only requires the needed information to purchase, if setup correctly
    http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=594
    Thanks, I'll check it out.

Jim
    Jim Stiles
    Coming home to Zen Cart!

Plugin Contributions

make sure you install this first, it will make it alot easier (at least i think so)
    http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1774

Plugin Contributions

I've been reading several older post regarding this issue and was thinking of doing what a couple mentioned for a temporary fix until I decide what to do. I was thinking of putting a simple statement on the page where you have to create an account advising them that their information would not be used or sold and is only requested for possible notification of recall or safety issues. (Just something to make them feel better about it) and mention that if they wanted to be notified of future sales or discounts, they should check to receive the Newsletter.

Basically just a simple statement to make them feel more at ease about creating the account....like a few posted, the only difference is the password.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for doing this? I'm not a programmer but can follow clear instructions.

Thanks
    Jim Stiles
    Coming home to Zen Cart!

Plugin Contributions

It won't work, but you can change the text in the TEXT_NEW_CUSTOMER_INTRODUCTION define in includes/languages/english/login.php. You're going to encounter visitors who are irrationally resistant to creating an account. The best way to handle them, if you think you're losing a lot of business is with one of the COWOA mods, including the one mentioned previously.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    It won't work, but you can change the text in the TEXT_NEW_CUSTOMER_INTRODUCTION define in includes/languages/english/login.php. You're going to encounter visitors who are irrationally resistant to creating an account. The best way to handle them, if you think you're losing a lot of business is with one of the COWOA mods, including the one mentioned previously.
    I agree with it not working but if I save one customer then that's one sale more but that's why I didn't want to get anything too involved because that one might be the only one. On the page where they enter their information, they aren't asked for a password until down towards the bottom so by the time they see it, they've already entered most of their information, if they were asked for their email address farther up instead of down where they have to choose a password I could use one of those abandoned cart mods to send them an email.

Like you I don't think making an edit to the 'more info' popup would do anything, heck, I didn't even know about that popup until the other day myself. If I could just put a one sentence message right near where they are asked for their email address and password I could probably take care of grabbing that one customer without having to go to the trouble of installing another mod.

Thanks for the idea, it may be my only choice.
    Jim Stiles
    Coming home to Zen Cart!

Plugin Contributions

I presume you have already removed all customer information inputs that are not absolutely required for you to deliver their products or receive payment? You could also change the "account" terms in output to other words that don't sound so formal. Remind them that you need all this information to deliver their purchase, and the password is for their use to be able to track their order status.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    I presume you have already removed all customer information inputs that are not absolutely required for you to deliver their products or receive payment? You could also change the "account" terms in output to other words that don't sound so formal. Remind them that you need all this information to deliver their purchase, and the password is for their use to be able to track their order status.
    Yes, already have removed all but the necessary information needed. Not sure how to change the "account" terms in output like you mentioned. I was thinking of just putting a simple statement on that page near where they would enter their email and password to create an account and just say something about it being needed in case of product recall or something like that and that if they wanted to receive sale ads that they needed to subscribe to the newsletter. Just something to let them know they won't be receiving a bunch of emails by creating the account.
    Jim Stiles
    Coming home to Zen Cart!

Plugin Contributions

All output text in Zen Cart is created in define statements in language files. Look at the template file that handles the page in question and find the CONSTANTS that are used, then search with the Developers Toolkit in admin > Tools for the language file where each constant is defined. You can save the file to your custom template subfolder and redefine them as you like.

If there is distinctive text in the page output (something that will not be found in dozens of other places), you can search directly in the DTK for the text and find the define statement that creates it.
    Last edited by gjh42; 22 Feb 2014 at 09:16 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast