Plugin Contributions

help question Help Write SQL QUERY to Add Specific Attribute to ALL Products in Specific Category

I need to assign attribute #409 to every product in category #350.

Can anyone help me with the SQL QUERY I need to use please?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help Write SQL QUERY to Add Specific Attribute to ALL Products in Specific Catego

Never mind, it's an admin function!

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...-or-a-category

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help Write SQL QUERY to Add Specific Attribute to ALL Products in Specific Catego

Have you ever peeked at the bottom of the screen on the Catalog ... Option Value Name ... and seen the section:
    Copy Option Name/Value to Products with existing Option Name ...
    Select an Option Name and Value that currently exists on a product or products to add to all products or to only the products in the selected category that have the selected Option Name.
    Example: Add Option Name: Color Option Value: Red to all Products with Option Name: Size
    Example: Add Option Name: Color Option Value: Green with default values from Products ID: 34 to all Products with Option Name: Size
    Example: Add Option Name: Color Option Value: Green with default values from Products ID: 34 to all Products with Option Name: Size for Categories ID: 65
    Have you every wondered what might happen if you were to make a really good backup of your database and tried to see what would happen if you tried it?

Wouldn't it be cool if that was built into Zen Cart?!

I do believe that is the magic that you are looking for, but I gotta get going soon and did not play with it recently to be 100% positive, but that is why I think I built that in there eons ago ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by limelites View Post
    Never mind, it's an admin function!

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...-or-a-category
    Be careful ... make sure you do a backup and practice as those things can be nasty if you don't ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Linda,

Thanks for getting back, really helpful as always. I always backup before running an SQL script but it seems to have worked well. The problem is with products in category 350. They don't really need any attributes but if we don't give them an attribute then the ADD TO CART button becomes hidden. So, now they all have an attribute "bespoke flowers".

It's a new site now. We finally upgraded to the latest Zen Cart:

www.silkblooms.co.uk