Plugin Contributions

Default main_page=checkout_payment blank page

This is a new 1.51 install on a windows server using php 5.4.10

It all seems to be working ok up until the point i try to place an order. I'm using the payment module from plugnpay. Once i submit the order i'm taken to index.php?main_page=checkout_payment and the page is completely blank. Looked at the source code in browser and nothing is rendered to the browser.

There is a however a value for error_message in the url, which indicates the card was not authorized. Not sure why that's happening since it's all in test mode and i'm using a test credit card. But in any case, i'm assuming the page should display some sort of use friendly message, maybe a copy of whatever the error_message is.

Any suggestions as to why this one page is going blank? There don't seem to be any error messages in the log folder generated as a result of this page.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: main_page=checkout_payment blank page

I too have had difficulties with the PayPal module with 1.51. Possible bug?

Plugin Contributions

merk,

check the reasons a blank page would display

http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...t-of-a-page%29
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    merk,

check the reasons a blank page would display

http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...t-of-a-page%29
    Thanks for the link, but i'm not sure if any of those reasons apply to me since the blank page ONLY happens when i try to submit the order to process the payment. No other pages are coming up blank so far.

I also turned on the strict error reporting - still get a totally blank page when i submit the order.
    Last edited by merk; 26 Feb 2014 at 05:09 AM.

Plugin Contributions

application error Re: main_page=checkout_payment blank page

Quote Originally Posted by merk View Post
    Thanks for the link, but i'm not sure if any of those reasons apply to me since the blank page ONLY happens when i try to submit the order to process the payment. No other pages are coming up blank so far.

I also turned on the strict error reporting - still get a totally blank page when i submit the order.

I'm having the same issue. Been in contact with hosting provider just in case (just migrated from GoDaddy, bunch of ), looking into possible environmental issues, doubtful it's there. I feel like the PlugnPay API is flawed somehow, haven't heard back from them as of yet. Snippet of error message in API below:

PHP Code:
    # check the FinalStatus for the 'auth' request

if($FinalStatus == 'success') {

$db->Execute("delete from " TABLE_ORDERS " where orders_id = '" . (int)$insert_id "'"); //Remove order
          #zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'error_message=' . urlencode('SUCCESSFUL - ORDER APPROVED'), 'SSL', true, false));  // uncomment this line for testing.

}
        else if(
    $FinalStatus == 'badcard') {

zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT'error_message=' urlencode('Your authorization was declined. Please try another card.') . urlencode(" -- $MErrMsg"), 'SSL'truefalse));
        }
        else if(
    $FinalStatus == 'fraud') {

zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT'error_message=' urlencode('Your transaction was rejected. Please contact the merchant for ordering assistance.') . urlencode(" -- $MErrMsg"), 'SSL'truefalse));
        }
        else if(
    $FinalStatus == 'problem') {

zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT'error_message=' urlencode('There was an error processing your transaction. Please contact the merchant for ordering assistance.') . urlencode(" -- $MErrMsg"), 'SSL'truefalse));
        }
        else {
          if (
    $response[0] == '') {

zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT'error_message=' urlencode("There was an unspecified error processing your transaction.<br>Received empty cURL response - check cURL connectivity to PnP server.") . urlencode(" -- $MErrMsg"), 'SSL'truefalse));
          }
          else {

zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT'error_message=' urlencode("There was an unspecified error processing your transaction.") . urlencode(" -- $MErrMsg"), 'SSL'truefalse));
          }
        } 
    ...the language file with some javascript error message defines:

PHP Code:
    // JS error messages

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PLUGNPAY_API_TEXT_JS_CC_OWNER''* The owner\'s name of the credit card must be at least ' CC_OWNER_MIN_LENGTH ' characters.\n');

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PLUGNPAY_API_TEXT_JS_CC_NUMBER''* The credit card number must be at least ' CC_NUMBER_MIN_LENGTH ' characters.\n');

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PLUGNPAY_API_TEXT_JS_CC_CVV''* The 3 or 4 digit CVV number must be entered from the back of the credit card.\n');

// Other error messages

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PLUGNPAY_API_TEXT_DECLINED_MESSAGE''There was an error processing the card information you entered. Please try again. &nbsp<em>Error 01</em>');

// Previously commented out:  

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PLUGNPAY_TEXT_GATEWAY_TIMEOUT''There was an error contacting the credit card processor. Please try again. &nbsp<em>Error 02</em>');

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PLUGNPAY_TEXT_ERROR''There was an error processing the card information you entered. Please try again. &nbsp<em>Error 03</em>)');

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PLUGNPAY_TEXT_WRONG_TYPE''The Credit Card Number does not match the Credit Card Type. &nbsp<em>Error 04</em>'); 
    What I don't get is why the error_message= isn't invoking the message stack to display an error normally, and instead gives a HTTP 406 error with the following address in the address bar (Chrome and FireFox only - IE doesn't show this in the address bar):

Code:
    https://www.ketchtech.com/shop/index.php?main_page=checkout_payment&error_message=There+was+an+unspecified+error+processing+your+transaction.%3Cbr%3EReceived+empty+cURL+response+-+check+cURL+connectivity+to+PnP+server.+--+&zenid=2e9a1345a46134a8b0a7874c58a7f02e
    I get what it's displaying and where it comes from, I just don't get why it's not putting the information in a message stack. I'm sure it's something quite simple.

Zen Cart 1.5.1, heavily modified Stirling Grand template from Picaflour, Running Debian Linux server on shared hosting plan (top tier), nothing crazy. The template modifies tpl_checkout_payment_default.php, but I don't see anything that should mess with this. Suggestions, anyone?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You're right. All those zen_redirects with error_message should be rewritten to first set the messageStack with the error, and then zen_redirect without the error_message being passed to it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply, doc!

I was digging into the forums and found an old post of yours just a minute or two before I noticed you had replied to this post. I tried the fix you provided in the older post, but introduced an error somewhere and am working my second attempt now. Do you have any further suggestions from your other post? Link:

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...724#post785724

Plugin Contributions

Ha! Got it, works great. Thanks, doc! I'll pass this on to the boys at Plug n Pay in the morning, and post a modified API tomorrow as well.

For those of you experiencing this issue, the solution can be found here: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...724#post785724

Plugin Contributions

I just submitted a new version of Plug'n'Pay's CC API plugin with the necessary changes incorporated (and a few extras), waiting for admin approval. Link: http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=873

Plugin Contributions

Just an FYI for anyone that looks at this... never got anywhere with Plug n Pay. I got the whole "we'll look into it for you" and "yeah, that looks nice, but we'll have to do it ourselves" thing.

I've been outside the Zen Cart fence for over a year and I'm just getting back into things in the new office, so I hope to take it back up soon.