Default Paypal payments Pro Merchant Error 11611 Transaction blocked by your settings in FMF

Using Zencart 1.5.1. Just switched to Paypal to become main merchant. Trying to get helpful errors to display to customers when they misenter AVS, CVV or Exp date. Instead all that is generated is this error "11611 Transaction blocked by your settings in FMF". FMF means Fraud management filter which is setup to deny non matched transactions. So as you can see this error would mean nothing to a buyer.

So can this be changed? I've spent tons of time trying to add example text into strings in paypaldp.php and paypalwpp.php to try to figure out where the error message is coming from and displayed to customer when a problem exists.

I can see when I turn on the debug switch from the emails that the following variables [AVSCODE] => Y and [CVV2MATCH] => N Would give me the results to determine what the error really means. But for the life of me I cannot figure out how to make it work.

I am a very novice coder so any help is appreciated. I have spent literally 5 hours tonight trying so many things that not sure where to go at this point. I have locked out 3 different credit cards trying to prove this out. Thanks for any tips you can offer!

Jamey

Default Re: Paypal payments Pro Merchant Error 11611 Transaction blocked by your settings in

Solved! To help others here is what I did -- So found out there is nothing written in zencart for this. There is two options to use for fraud filters. Paypal fraud filters can be used on either paypal.com or paypal manager website. Currently I am set up to use creditcards through zencart merchant interface through paypal.com using there fraud filters. So here is what I changed to have a proper error message displayed to my customer when they misenter address, cvv or exp date.

Change only one file paypaldp.php
    This whole code goes in around line 1855

// Start JP added code to display error messages from Paypal
    // the following two lines check for whether the address or CVV code match. If they did not write text to variable
    if($response['AVSCODE']=='N') $avsjp="Check Billing Address matches where credit card statments are mailed";
    if($response['CVV2MATCH']=='N') $acvvjp="Check CVV 3 or 4 digit number or expiration date";

// enable to test if creditcard starts getting declined from trying to much to get to work. This will at least show the dollar amount in the error. Code to enable -- if($response['AMT']) $amountjp="Amount";

//JP 1-removed after urldecode('' . $response['L_SHORTMESSAGE0'] . ' ' ---- 2 Added the following code ' .$avsjp . ' ' . $acvvjp . $amountjp . '
    $detailedMessage = ($errorText == MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALDP_INVALID_RESPONSE || $errorText == MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALDP_TEXT_DECLINED || (int)trim($errorNum) > 0 || $this->enableDebugging || $response['CURL_ERRORS'] != '' || $this->emailAlerts) ? (isset($response['RESULT']) && $response['RESULT'] != 0 ? MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALDP_CANNOT_BE_COMPLETED . ' (' . $errorNum . ')' : $errorNum) . ' ' . urldecode(' ' .$avsjp . ' ' . $acvvjp . $amountjp . ' - ' . $response['L_LONGMESSAGE0'] . ' ' . $response['CURL_ERRORS']) : '';

// JP - Original code of above $detailedMessage = ($errorText == MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALDP_INVALID_RESPONSE || $errorText == MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALDP_TEXT_DECLINED || (int)trim($errorNum) > 0 || $this->enableDebugging || $response['CURL_ERRORS'] != '' || $this->emailAlerts) ? (isset($response['RESULT']) && $response['RESULT'] != 0 ? MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALDP_CANNOT_BE_COMPLETED . ' (' . $errorNum . ')' : $errorNum) . ' ' . urldecode(' ' . $response['L_SHORTMESSAGE0'] . ' - ' . $response['L_LONGMESSAGE0'] . ' ' . $response['CURL_ERRORS']) : '';