Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Confused student

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Also, is it correct as stated in the first post: that is all that is needed?
    Probably.

No purchase processed, no products of any particular setup, shipping, taxes, etc...? Or installation of any particular "plugins"?
    Unless the course is specifically for ZenCart (which I doubt), this wouldn't be needed for the purpose of the exersize.

Final project, probably 4 days to a week of time, and done?
    You make this sound like it is an easy project. I suspect that it is beyond the skills of most people around here (no offence intended).
    A typical ZenCart user has no need to setup two VM's and have them communicate with each other using at least two different protocols (SSH and HTTP), and anyone that does have the skills/knowledge to set up these VM's would find the application (in this case Zencart) usage a relatively trivial task.

Just my 2cents worth. :)

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    Probably.

Unless the course is specifically for ZenCart (which I doubt), this wouldn't be needed for the purpose of the exersize.

You make this sound like it is an easy project. I suspect that it is beyond the skills of most people around here (no offence intended).
    A typical ZenCart user has no need to setup two VM's and have them communicate with each other using at least two different protocols (SSH and HTTP), and anyone that does have the skills/knowledge to set up these VM's would find the application (in this case Zencart) usage a relatively trivial task.

Just my 2cents worth. :)

Cheers
    RodG
    I *did* have concern about how the last part would be interpreted. No I don't think it is easy, if anything I wanted to make sure that the student after all that they did and intelligently using his head had come here for help, that he didn't fall short. Especially after the hard work that was put in. Otherwise, didn't know if there was extra credit for doing some of the additional things, and of course wouldn't hurt to get another knowledgeable/capable individual in to using zC, right? :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Correct all I had to do is get zencart up and running. There is no extra credit. I got that when I built a VM with ARCH. This Linux stuff is finally starting to make sense to me.(kinda) I do have to set up a CRON job for some backups/send it to the instructors ftp server, but that should be an easy step. I already have the script done and working. Now it is just scheduling it. I would be working on it now but I am sitting at the VA hospital to have a nuro stim removed now that the trial is done. It works and I should be able to get off the meds as soon as they can get me in for a permanent instal.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by snccoulter View Post
    I do have to set up a CRON job for some backups/send it to the instructors ftp server, but that should be an easy step. I already have the script done and working.
    Next step, update the script to use sFTP.

It probably won't give you extra credits but it's a really good habit/practice to get into. :)

Cheers
    Rod

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123