Plugin Contributions

help question Help installing Google Analytics - What's the Common1 folder?

I'm new to Zen Cart and am trying to set up Google Analytics for my site. I tried following the instructions for the Simple Google Analytics plug in but couldn't follow along. So then I tried reading some of the old posts here and elsewhere about where I can just paste my code from google. I went into my file manager and tried pasting the code into html_header, tpl_header, and at least 2-3 other files, after saving each time I went back to Google and it still said the tracking was not installed. Under includes>templates folder I have a classic folder, “classic” is the template I'm using. I have a “common1” folder under the classic directory. “Common1” contains a tpl_header.php. In this I have no “body” codes that I kept seeing referenced in various instructions, this file ends only in <?php } ?>.
    At the very least I'd just like to simply get my tracking code from Google on the main page to better track visitors, can someone please tell me very clearly where to put my tracking code from Google? Maybe with my set up I need to copy+paste a folder from one directory to another? Also I haven't been downloading the php files, editing, then uploading (don't actually know how to do this), I've just been going into the php files, editing, then saving, not sure if this makes any difference.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help installing Google Analytics?

Since there's no 'common1' folder in the stock Zencart installation, we'll need a link to your site to advise.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help installing Google Analytics?

Ok.
    v a s t v i s i t o r s . c o m