Plugin Contributions

Default Sign in with Google+ work log for Zencart

Not sure this has been covered somewhere yet, I did find 1 plugin however in order to take full advantage of you have to pay, I am not a fan of paying for things on recurring basis that are available for free to those who want to implement it into you store, so I am going to attempt to make a plugin where customers can Sign in with Google+, and also checkout with Google Wallet, this mod won't be for everyone however if you do business in the states, and have a lot of mobile traffic it will be beneficial.

I am setting up a dev server right now, and am going to install a basic zencart store, once I get it working there I am going to implement it into my busiest live shop.

I will use this thread to document the work, if anyone see's anything that could be improved feel free to jump in and let me know.

So first we need to head over to google developers

https://console.developers.google.com/project and set up a new project, I have called mine Zen Test.

Now that we have done that we need to click on API's & auth, scroll down and find the "Google+ API" and turn it on.

Once we have done that you need to setup OAuth 2.0 according to google "To use OAuth 2.0 in your application, you need an OAuth 2.0 client ID, which your application uses when requesting an OAuth 2.0 access token. When you register an application in the Google Developers Console, you can generate an OAuth 2.0 client ID."

So we will go to the Developers Console (Linked above), in the sidebar on the left click on API's & auth and make sure the API's you want to use are "ON" in this case we want to make sure that "Gooogle + API" is set to on. once we have verified that we want to click on the Consent Screen fill in the form and click save.

That is as far as I have got so far working on this and researching for about the last hour or so, have to run out and pick up the Fiance when I get back I will continue to work and Document the process.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sign in with Google+ work log for Zencart

So moving on...

Now we need to get a Oauth 2.0 credentials to do that we simply go to google developers choose the project we created, then API and Auth, then Credentials. under OAuth click "Creat New Client ID" enter in your secure domain be sure to not enter a wild card, or a subdirectory. Now we should have under our main Credentials page a

"Client ID for web application"
    Client ID
    email address
    Client secret
    Redirect URLs
    Javascript Origins.

Once we have done that we need too set up the PHP quick-start app

This can be done by going to https://developers.google.com/+/quickstart/php and following the directions. Currently I am waiting for my host to install the Composer on step 2 section 5 and 6, once this is done I will be able to continue this project, in the mean time I have to put it on hold, however I will continue to do research, this is a "got an idea lets make it work" thread, so it might bounce all over the place as I am pretty much just using it to document the processes that I take to achieve the end result, once I have got it completely working I will post a step by step that make since and is easy to read, and then try to figure out a way to package it up into an add on.

Any feedback or articles you all might know of that would be beneficial to me to read are always welcome.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sign in with Google+ work log for Zencart

Just an update, in order for this mod to work the way I am choosing to do so you must have php5.4 or higher, just got it installed on my test location and got the button responding with google, now just have to get it working with Zen, the fun begins....