Plugin Contributions

Default Changing tpl_drop_menu.php or mega_menu.php

Okay, right now if you go to, say, the Sheffield Blue (by Picaflor, can be found by search) theme in the navigation menu you get Shop which drops down and gives you all the categories and sub categories. This is not a question about Sheffield Blue in particular but about any template which uses a similar combination of a drop_menu or mega_menu and then uses a categories_ul_generator.php file

How can I make it so that instead of something like Shop -> Main Categories Dropdown -> Subcategories Dropdown I get the Main Categories in the navigation header itself directly and not underneath a title like "Shop".

The code I am working with works like this

<!--Categories Link in Menu-->
    <?php
    $cat_query = "select * from ".DB_PREFIX."categories where categories_status='1' ORDER BY RAND() LIMIT 1";
    $category = $db->Execute($cat_query);
    $categories_id=$category->fields['categories_id'];
    ?>
    <li id='store'><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT."&cPath=".$categories_id); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CATEGORIES; ?></a>
    <?php

// load the UL-generator class and produce the menu list dynamically from there
    require_once (DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'categories_ul_generator.php');
    $zen_CategoriesUL = new zen_categories_ul_generator;
    $menulist = $zen_CategoriesUL->buildTree(true);
    $menulist = str_replace('"level4"','"level5"',$menulist);
    $menulist = str_replace('"level3"','"level4"',$menulist);
    $menulist = str_replace('"level2"','"level3"',$menulist);
    $menulist = str_replace('"level1"','"level2"',$menulist);
    $menulist = str_replace('<li class="submenu">','<li class="submenu">',$menulist);
    $menulist = str_replace("</li>\n</ul>\n</li>\n</ul>\n","</li>\n</ul>\n",$menulist);
    echo $menulist;
    ?>

</li>
    <!--Categories Link in Menu Ends-->

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Changing tpl_drop_menu.php or mega_menu.php

Quote Originally Posted by fabburl View Post
    Okay, right now if you go to, say, the Sheffield Blue (by Picaflor, can be found by search) theme in the navigation menu you get Shop which drops down and gives you all the categories and sub categories. This is not a question about Sheffield Blue in particular but about any template which uses a similar combination of a drop_menu or mega_menu and then uses a categories_ul_generator.php file

How can I make it so that instead of something like Shop -> Main Categories Dropdown -> Subcategories Dropdown I get the Main Categories in the navigation header itself directly and not underneath a title like "Shop".

The code I am working with works like this

<!--Categories Link in Menu-->
    <?php
    $cat_query = "select * from ".DB_PREFIX."categories where categories_status='1' ORDER BY RAND() LIMIT 1";
    $category = $db->Execute($cat_query);
    $categories_id=$category->fields['categories_id'];
    ?>
    <li id='store'><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT."&cPath=".$categories_id); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CATEGORIES; ?></a>
    <?php

// load the UL-generator class and produce the menu list dynamically from there
    require_once (DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'categories_ul_generator.php');
    $zen_CategoriesUL = new zen_categories_ul_generator;
    $menulist = $zen_CategoriesUL->buildTree(true);
    $menulist = str_replace('"level4"','"level5"',$menulist);
    $menulist = str_replace('"level3"','"level4"',$menulist);
    $menulist = str_replace('"level2"','"level3"',$menulist);
    $menulist = str_replace('"level1"','"level2"',$menulist);
    $menulist = str_replace('<li class="submenu">','<li class="submenu">',$menulist);
    $menulist = str_replace("</li>\n</ul>\n</li>\n</ul>\n","</li>\n</ul>\n",$menulist);
    echo $menulist;
    ?>

</li>
    <!--Categories Link in Menu Ends-->

Thanks
    Each type of item to be added to a menu bar has some sort of divider, whether it is levels, or whatever. One would need to back up to the area where the current menu "headings" are and use the code desired to get the "first level" and create by loop the header "buttons" desired. Then each second level item would be off of that first. The only thing of concern is, how many are you going to try to setup across the top (or will it be down the side) and what are you going to do to prevent either squishing them all in, or if hidden/deleted to not have your site get totally rearranged?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

There are support threads for the various dropdown/megamenu mods, and at least some of them have discussions on exactly how to give that particular menu top category tabs in the header. I suggest you look up the one you are interested in for more detailed information.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    There are support threads for the various dropdown/megamenu mods, and at least some of them have discussions on exactly how to give that particular menu top category tabs in the header. I suggest you look up the one you are interested in for more detailed information.
    would you be able to direct me to some threads? I searched quite a bit before posting and got exasperated so I posted here.

thanks.

Plugin Contributions

would you be able to direct me to some threads? I searched quite a bit before posting and got exasperated so I posted here.

thanks.
    This question has already been asked and answered a few times. You can use the alternate categories ul generator file from the CSS Horizontal Dropdown Menu With jquery module to show the top level categories.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    This question has already been asked and answered a few times. You can use the alternate categories ul generator file from the CSS Horizontal Dropdown Menu With jquery module to show the top level categories.

Thanks,

Anne
    I've done this but what I seem to be getting are the submenus displaying immediately without hovering over. I've put a screenshot in if that helps

Name:  navigationheader.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  23.0 KB

Plugin Contributions

I've done this but what I seem to be getting are the submenus displaying immediately without hovering over. I've put a screenshot in if that helps

Name:  navigationheader.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  23.0 KB
    You will need to add the menu styles to hide the menus until hovered on. Compare the stylesheet with the CSS Horizontal Dropdown Menu With jquery module to the template menu stylesheet.

Thanks,

Anne