Thread: Template Needed

Plugin Contributions

Default Template Needed

Hello All,

Does anyone know where I can find a calendar styled template??

Maybe something similar to the zen cart calendar here??

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Template Needed

It's not clear what you're asking. You want your main page to be a calendar of events rather than a store ?

Plugin Contributions

Well, I have a store that sells lunches to elementary school children, Monday through Friday.

Right now I have the categories as the month and the products are the lunches for the day, in linear style.

I am using a template called Lavender and the main page has links to the Month (category). When the customer (parent) clicks the month, the products page has the lunches listed with the date and description.

I am looking for a calendar as the product page where I can list the lunch as a selection for Monday, Tuesday etc.

You can look at www.mamabearlunch.com and click the April link to see the linear style.

I have tried the events calendar and I can't seem to configure the lunches in the days of the calendar.

Plugin Contributions

You may be able to recreate a calendar-like result with the module:
    column_layout_grid_2_3_1

If you use 5 images across it may look like a week-at-a-glance.

Just a quick thought ;)
    Hope that helps,

Plugin Contributions

Oooookkaay????

Probably going to need an expert on this one, seeing as how I am not that good had designing or manipulating the zen cart pages.!!

Plugin Contributions

Do you have just one selection (product) for each day? Or is there a choice of meals for a day? If you have a fixed menu (everyone gets x this tuesday), Column Layout Grid set up as five per row will automatically give the calendar layout, and we can advise you on some trimming to look "calendary". If there is a choice of menu to be made for each day, then you need the months as top categories with each day as a subcategory, and the individual choices as products within the day subcat. You would click on the day to see the available choices.
    Monthly (category listing) layouts can be set in admin to five per row without any mod installation, and the few choices for the day will do best in the standard "linear" layout like mamabearlunch.

SHowing all the choices for each day in the monthly menu display will require some trickier setup. You could do it by making an image with the text of the choices for each day, or you could do a relatively minor modification (which we could help with) to display the "day" subcat description in the category listing instead of the image. Enter the choices in the subcat description and they will show in that slot in the "calendar". This would be the easiest long-term arrangement requiring no image manipulation, even if it takes a bit of coding upfront.

Plugin Contributions

Another option which would involve no recoding would be to use Column Layout Grid to display the days in a calendar layout, and use attributes for any choices to be made in the daily menu. (See the FAQs for use of attributes.) Putting the choices into the day "product" description will automatically display them in the calendar; no matter what, you will still need to click through to the day to actually make choices. Putting daily choice selection in the monthly calendar page would require "attributes in product listing", which is major coding on an expert level. (Some have done it and posted about it if you want to look - warning, lots of technical jargon.)