Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Tableau Responsive Theme - Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by numinix View Post
    This bug was caused by some structured data showing up above the doctype. If this is still happening to you, you may have not uploaded all of the new files or removed the ones that are no longer used. Please refer to the change log posted on the download page at Numinix.com.

We'll look into the other issues to see if they are still relevant.
    The issue with reviews has been fixed and is available on GITHUB: https://github.com/numinix/tableau

We aren't able to verify an issue with CSS JS Loader. If minify is not working, it's because of some problematic CSS or JS code that are conflicting when minified. On our demo it's working fine and in fresh installs we just performed. Are you using any other mods that have modified the CSS or added new global stylesheets to the site?

Plugin Contributions

No, my site is a fresh 1.5.1 install with just the classic and Wendy templates...nothing globally.

But I may just delete site and start again with a fresh install and just the Tableau template. I think the Tableau template is worth the attempt.
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

Would you change the full name of reviews to first name only?
    Last edited by boomup; 6 May 2014 at 01:20 AM.

Plugin Contributions

tested in ie tester, site works fine up to ie8, just a bit distorded on the about us/ blog / twitter bit on the bottom, twitter is on a second line, and to tell the thruth, that's enough for rock'n roll. from ie7 slider start to play up. but hey, update people

description now shows on mobile view even without second picture (that's good that i havent done second shot to products) all in all very nice design a great support. will look when ready to buy addons

Plugin Contributions

Couple days ago I spent alot of time working with this template, even deleting my ZC several times and starting fresh. Here are some of my findings:

- CSS/JS loader still did not work, even when I had nothing but a fresh ZC 1.5.1 and DB and this template. No products or anything. Here is a pic taken in Crome browser with the CSS/JS loader turned on:

http://www.prommart.com/images/Table...-js-loader.png

I tried renaming the "min" and "plugins" folders for the loader, and uploading a CSS/JS loader I already had on my computer. Uploading the second min folder almost worked...almost.

Considering the number of CSS/JS files and the designer including this plugin specifically for that, it is a concern that I could not get the plugin working. Although when testing even with products the site appeared fairly fast even without the CSS/JS loader plugin turned on.

- INSTALL EP4 FIRST: As someone mentioned earlier, there was a problem with Easy Populate 4. I did not have a problem when I first tested this template with EP4 already installed. However, after deleting my ZC and doing a fresh install with this template installed first, then EP4, EP4 did not install.

- PROBABLY INSTALL IH4 FIRST: Again, when initially testing this template I had Image Handler 4 already installed and did not notice an issue. However, after a fresh ZC/db install and with this template installed first, I noticed that the IH text was missing under admin/images. Here is a pic:

http://www.prommart.com/images/tableau-ih-problems.png

At this point I deleted my ZC/db yet again and was going to try installing IH4 first then Tableau, as with EP4. But I paused, reinstalling my former template instead of Tableau...then saw the brand new Winchester Responsive template. So haven't returned to Tableau. Although Tableau comes pre-loaded with IH4, I still suspect that the problem in the above pic wouldn't exist if IH4 were independently installed first.

- IE issues: I could see that it was attempting to be corrected. But site still looked like with went through the transporter and was rearranged improperly. For example, on category page instead of columns for the products across the page it resulted in a single column on the far left side, just below the last left column item...in desktop mode. Other issues as well with IE.

- The category "sorter" did not sort when I had products.

In sum, I agree with rbarbour above that this Tableau template has a good look and feel. I still consider it, along with the new Picaflor Azul Winchester Responsive template, to be a new generation of templates that ... in my humble opinion ... may well make all other templates in our ZC plugin section obsolete. These are also the first templates that, again IMHO, can compete with the new great-looking Prestashop default template.

I think that Tableau is an ambitious project with apparently more things to come for it. I hope that the bugs I experienced all get worked out, for I think that this template is worth it.
    Last edited by SPH; 7 May 2014 at 05:03 PM.
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

Loving the template!

In fact, my store is about to go live. A couple of very minor things I want to tweak yet.
    For one, I would like to have the featured products be the default active tab instead of the bestsellers tab.
    I know what to modify as far as the template files go, but when it comes to javascript I'm lost. Anybody have any suggestions?

This template has such a good look and I love it on mobile too. Thanks, Numinix!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jenchord View Post
    Loving the template!

In fact, my store is about to go live. A couple of very minor things I want to tweak yet.
    For one, I would like to have the featured products be the default active tab instead of the bestsellers tab.
    I know what to modify as far as the template files go, but when it comes to javascript I'm lost. Anybody have any suggestions?

This template has such a good look and I love it on mobile too. Thanks, Numinix!
    Jencord, out of curiosity, have you had any problems such as with the CSS/JS loader, IE10 and below or other issues previously mentioned?

As for rearranging the order of the homepage tabs, that also crossed my mind when testing this template. If you cannot set the sort order in admin as with a regular template (I'm guessing not), then perhaps moving them around in the includes/templates/tableau/templates/tpl_index_default.php might work.

Just a guess until someone comes along who knows for certain.
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

anyone knows how to change the // in the breadcrumb menu to other symbols? thanks in advance

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by boomup View Post
    anyone knows how to change the // in the breadcrumb menu to other symbols? thanks in advance
    If this template "honors" your admin-set configuration, go to Configuration->Layout Settings and change the value for Bread Crumbs Navigation Separator.

Plugin Contributions

As for rearranging the order of the homepage tabs, that also crossed my mind when testing this template. If you cannot set the sort order in admin as with a regular template (I'm guessing not), then perhaps moving them around in the includes/templates/tableau/templates/tpl_index_default.php might work.
    If there is a sort control in admin for the homepage carousel tabs, I've yet to find it. Moving them around in templates/tableau/templates, tpl_index_default.php and switching css classes wasn't enough-- they were rearranged on the homepage but then the carousel of products didn't show until the tab was clicked on. That's where the javascript comes in, I'm guessing.

In my install, template shows up correctly in Internet Explorer 9 and up. In lower versions, it starts breaking. Not a big issue for me.

Regarding Image Handler 4: coming pre installed with this template, it doesn't seem to have all the functions normally present. In my install
    at least, there is no hover control. Also, at first, the images appeared fuzzy, but after removing the height and width restrictions on the css image stylings, the image clarity improved.

The pagespeed of the site seems relatively fast as is, so I've not yet enabled the CSS/JS loader. Since I've made several CSS modifications of my own, I imagine there might be problems when I do enable it in the future.

Some other findings: the next/previous links don't show up correctly on the product info page, neither does the filter results on the product listing page. Some CSS stylings have been set to display:none to elements that might otherwise show on a normal zencart install.

Also, to use the second product description box (specifications tab on the product info page), you must add it to the code yourself as tableau only seems to have it on the template level.

On a side note, I've tried installing Fast and Easy Ajax Checkout Module after installing Tableau. Almost had it working, but something was a little off with the javascript. Sometime in the future, I'll be working on adding either this module or COWOA (here and there in the code for tableau, there
    are references to COWOA already).

According to my findings, this template doesn't support every normal zencart function (at least on my install), but I'm guessing with a little work and digging you can fix these or work around them. The core template structure is there, and it's a good one.

Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast