Plugin Contributions

Default assitance with First Data

I have pored over the forum postings and information, tutorials, whathaveyou. There is so much conflicting information out there.

First: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...payment-module

Says I need a PEM file. I call First Data and they are "Huh? Don't know what a PEM file is." Finally after being transferred around several times one person says, "I suppose we could give you a legacy file" then we got cut off.

Then I visit the First Data support for Zencart installation: https://firstdata.zendesk.com/entrie...n-Instructions

And there is no mention of a PEM file anywhere. They want me to make a Receipt Page. One of the links they reference is: http ://[ZENCARTFOLDER]/index.php?main_page=checkout_process&action=confirm

I check my ZC php files and the phrase "checkout_process" does not exist. Somewhere this phrase has to exist, right? (note spaces in my reference are to keep forum posting from making this a link)

Then I read in the forums about using Authorize.net SIM to make FirstData work.

Then something about making https ://mystore.com equivalent to http:mystore.com and needing several types of accounts with FirstData

Nowhere is there comprehensive, up-to-date information about FirstData, at least that is findable by yours truly.

So I'm hoping for some assistance...

Is there a document, FAQ, tips, notes, whatever that describes the current FirstData setup process?
    Do I have the correct type of account? GGe4. Do I need another account?
    Do I need to use the Authorizenet SIM module or the FirstData module?

I have an ecommerce ZC setup, v151, and am taking Paypal as my only form of payment. I would like to take credit cards where the customer types in their number and charges their card and eventually I get paid.

I have an SSL cert and curl is enabled.

thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: assitance with First Data

bumping...

Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

What did your merchant account processor give you for account information for processing ecommerce transactions? Every ecommerce processor that I've used has provided specific gateway instructions. Your post doesn't indicate that you have any specifics provided by your processor.

Are you talking about the First Data gateway OR
    Authorize.net / First Data Nashville platform or other First Data platform via Authorize.net?
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

They gave me no instructions - just an email that said my account was setup and please login.

I called and had the ZC FAQ about using FirstData in front of me, i.e. the one that says you need a PEM. I asked for my PEM, assuming they needed to email me this or have me download it in some special secure location (as indicated by the ZC FAQ). FirstData then started transferring me to several other folks (four total). The third person I spoke to made the legacy comment then transferred me to the fourth person. Fourth person was getting my name and shop name and then the line dropped.

The legacy comment made me think that something else was going on, perhaps the PEM method was outdated. Then I found all the stuff about using the AuthorizenetSIM module both on the forum and on the help page from FirstData (referenced in my op).

So.

I do not know which module I should use or try; if one method is valid or if outdated; if both are available; if one is better than another; if I need another account with FirstData to make one of these work; there doesn't seem to be current information anywhere.

At this point I posted for help.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

When you followed steps 1-6 in the setup instruction given in the first link that you posted. Those are the steps which will obtain that PEM file. Results from each step?
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Cannot do the steps in the "How to Set Up the FirstData Global Gateway API / Linkpoint API / YourPay API Payment Module"

because there are no links as described in my account page(s) for First Data - I have checked everything. That is why I called them. I assumed the ZC FAQ was out of date and I needed to obtain the PEM or unlock the download for the PEM by calling.

The First Data people know nothing about a PEM. I wanted to attempt getting more information before sallying back to their phone support, if, indeed, I need a PEM.

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You said you have a GGe4 account. That's good, since it's their most up-to-date kind of account.
    Unfortunately that kind of account doesn't work with the "FirstData/Linkpoint-API" payment module.
    So, their instructions to you on modifying the authorizenet SIM module (/includes/modules/payment/authorizenet.php) are what you need:
    Quote Originally Posted by linniedarling View Post
    Then I visit the First Data support for Zencart installation: https://firstdata.zendesk.com/entrie...n-Instructions

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Actually I tried out their instructions from their FAQ for setting up using Authorize.net SIM module and they are incorrect. I'm in the process of getting the other style gateway but with a different sales point (i.e. someone that understands what is going on).

If and when I am successful, I will post a follow up with what I've discovered and what worked for me.

Thanks!