Plugin Contributions

Default Security Clearance issue after installing a module

I just installed the Bongo module into my 1.3.9g zencart site. Everything went fine, until I went to the 'Bongo Settings' page to configure it. It was there that I was presented with the message, "Sorry, your security clearance doesn't allow you to access this resource."

I then went to admin profiles and checked every box. When I saved it, it unchecked many of the boxes, but more was selected than before. I then went to check 'Bongo Settings'. I was able to get past the error message, but presented with a blank screen.

I believe that I am the top level admin. I only have access to my account, and didn't build this site out. The other account holders are unknown to me. I also don't have issues going into any other area of our admin panel.

Error message > http://screencast.com/t/zjQyGdvv
    Error page after selecting boxes in admin settings > http://screencast.com/t/8y3rZrzpj
    Admin Profile > http://screencast.com/t/PwgQkpqngS

Can someone point me to how I can overcome the security clearance issue? Or at least look at my admin profile to see if I have the default priveledges of a top level admin.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by drwho; 24 Apr 2014 at 04:06 PM. Reason: added zencart version

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Security Clearance issue after installing a module

So, my first concern for your site is that you have now identified where your admin folder is and that should immediately be rectified by changing your admin directory(ies). By publishing that path you have now made it known publicly where hackers might begin trying to take advantage of looking for any vulnerabilities in your version of ZC (whether they exist or not).
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Really? I thought I blocked all that info from the screenshots. I just checked each screenshot, and can't find the admin folder. Let me know where I show that, and I will immediately delete that screenshot and potentially change my directory.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

As far as I know, Bongo for 1.3.9 isn't aware of the Admin Profiles addon. So you probably need to register its page in the addon. Until you do that you won't be able to select a checkbox to grant permissions for it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I just deleted the old screenshots and redid them with no identifying info.

Error message > http://screencast.com/t/D4MmRusA6
    Error page after selecting boxes in admin settings > http://screencast.com/t/Q8XGywKgdV
    Admin Profile > http://screencast.com/t/wshbbqXKT

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I can't seem to find an answer to how to do that though.

Closest thing I could find was this post, http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...-Modules/page5 . However, I don't believe any info in it is relevant to my issue or maybe it is just my ignorance to PHP that is leading me to believe it won't help me. It seems as if this info should help have a module show up within the admin menu, which Bongo is doing right now. I just can't actually access 'Bongo Settings'.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    Really? I thought I blocked all that info from the screenshots. I just checked each screenshot, and can't find the admin folder. Let me know where I show that, and I will immediately delete that screenshot and potentially change my directory.
    Okay, my apologies. I had a misunderstanding. I did not attempt the links, thinking for some reason that they were links directly to the trouble area. Further the request to help with the admin folder,made me think that the links also were admin related. At the same time I thought that the obfuscation of the directory seemed pretty good, and was concerned about the further security of your site.

My apologies for causing any concern. Hopefully the assistance identified by Dr.Byte will lead you down the path. I don't recall how to register items under ZC1.3.9 as in if it is through a SQL command, or incorporation/upload of a file that contains similar information as the more recent method(sy of association. As for the other users, if you are able to get where you did in the admin panel, I would think that it would be possibly to see the list of users, the rolls assigned, and the permissions of the role. That said, the option(s) may not be available in that older version, but they are in 1.5.x.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I can't seem to find an answer to how to do that though.

Closest thing I could find was this post, http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...-Modules/page5 . However, I don't believe any info in it is relevant to my issue or maybe it is just my ignorance to PHP that is leading me to believe it won't help me. It seems as if this info should help have a module show up within the admin menu, which Bongo is doing right now. I just can't actually access 'Bongo Settings'.
    That post would only be relevant if you were using the latest version of Zen Cart. But you said you're using v1.3.9g, so that post is not relevant to your situation.

Go to the plugin page for the Admin Profiles addon, download the version for your version of ZC, and follow the documentation in the plugin for how to register additional modules into your store so they can be subsequently added to any profile.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.