Default Where to buy the Gift Certificate?

Did a few searches, results had nothing to do with what I searched for though.

Wife needs to buy a GC from my Zencart store to send to our daughter. This should test many things so we know allot works or don't, and what we may need to fix or change.

She cannot find where/how to buy the GC in my store.
    Is there a setting I need to turn on that may be turned off?
    I thought I had everything set up to sell Gift Certificates, but she can't find it.

I will look through the tutorials again also to see if something there.

Is there a way to search Tutorials only? Each time I try to look for a certain one thing I have to go through all the pages reading all the titles to see if I find anything that sounds like it would be what I need. I do a search but I don't get any results relating to the tutorials it seems.

Still trying to figure out how everything works and how to use it best, including all the help areas here which are great, just confusing to me still in some ways.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Where to buy the Gift Certificate?

This thread might help

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...tificate+setup

We are considering to disable gift certificates entirely because, regardless of comments on how easy gift certificates are for customers, we have a 100% requires admin intervention rate for gift certificates sold which makes for grumpy customers when they have trouble with redeeming/using them. Either that or we have the most incompetent customers in the world.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Maybe I will set an attribute my customers must pass an IQ test before buying one. LOL

I kinda need them, or something on my end, that way I could put money like into my daughters account on my site and her buy stuff, actually free stuff to her though.
    A great way to save on Christmas. HAHA

But really, I have a use for them if they work for me. Like if someone is selling bike parts I want I could offer a GC to the store instead of paying cash. It would be a trade type deal like anything else but they would have the whole store to choose what they are trading for! So people say, "will sell for $50 or trade" , but trade for what? I have allot to trade with a GC to the store!

Well it did not work well, but it worked, not sure how or what, it's not right but worked.

Wife bought a $2 GC she did not find any info on, I refunded it, she bought another $2 one, now she has $4 in her account and I have a $2 sale!

I thought she was supposed to get a code in her email, then send that to anyone she wants! It seems to have just shown up in her account and she never got any code in any email or nothing.
    Just a "Thanks for the order" type mail and from Paypal that she just paid. Nothing for any code to send to anyone else though.

Plugin Contributions

have you approved/released them as an admin? There is/was a safeguard to prevent auto release for fraud prevention.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

I think so,
    I think the setting I used when setting it up as a product is supposed to let it just work, not Que it for approval.

I want them sent soon as payment received. I know when I was buying allot of them on a 3D art site it was very irritating when something messed up and it would take a couple hours to get a code. Normally instant and great, but when e-mail would take hours it was a real pain.