Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zencart 1.1

lhungil is right. I was wrong. You need to upgrade to the latest 1.2.x first, then the latest 1.3.x, and then the latest 1.5.x

If it is not presenting you the option for "Database Upgrade", then you've probably got a different DB_PREFIX set in your old site configure.php vs your new site's configure.php, thus it can't find the required table names.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I used 1.2.7 and got the upgrade option but now getting this error on a white page:

1062 Duplicate entry '1-1' for key 'PRIMARY'

These are the options selected:

Upgrade DB from 1.1.4 to 1.1.4-patch1
    Upgrade DB from 1.1.4-x to 1.2.0
    Upgrade DB from 1.2.0 to 1.2.1
    Upgrade DB from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2
    Upgrade DB from 1.2.2 to 1.2.3
    Upgrade DB from 1.2.3 to 1.2.4
    Upgrade DB from 1.2.4 to 1.2.5
    Upgrade DB from 1.2.5 to 1.2.6
    Upgrade DB from 1.2.6 to 1.2.7

I tried on Ubuntu 8 running PHP 5.2 and also PHP 5.3 with a new zc_install folder I received by lhungil via PM (ty)

I tried unchecking different versions but got a different error that mysql install file does not exist or paypal table does not exist.

Also I used a database import from the live site each time. I imported every table except email_archive because it's over 2 GB.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

There are 90+ tables in the database, and the error you posted doesn't have enough detail to help you determine what INSERT query is triggering a duplicate-record situation.

Add the error-logging tool here: http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=606
    and use it as described here: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?124-blank-page
    Then in the logs it creates you can find out what query is being used by what part of the code so you can fix the problem in your database.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I couldn't get the debugger to output new errors.

What I did was go through "mysql_upgrade_zencart_114_to_120.sql" and looked at the INSERT statements. I emptied the tables for each insert which could cause the duplicate PK. I ended up emptying all these tables:

TRUNCATE `zen_paypal_ipn_address_status`;
    TRUNCATE `zen_paypal_ipn_payment_status`;
    TRUNCATE `zen_paypal_ipn_payment_type`;
    TRUNCATE `zen_paypal_ipn_mc_currency`;
    TRUNCATE `zen_paypal_ipn_pending_reason`;
    TRUNCATE `zen_paypal_ipn_reason_code`;
    TRUNCATE `zen_paypal_ipn_txn_type`;
    TRUNCATE `zen_product_types`;
    TRUNCATE `zen_project_version`;
    TRUNCATE `zen_query_builder`;
    TRUNCATE `zen_configuration`;
    TRUNCATE `zen_layout_boxes`;
    TRUNCATE `zen_product_type_layout`;
    TRUNCATE `zen_configuration_group`;

and the db upgrade was able to run up to 1.2.7. I'm going to try the 1.3.9 next.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by urgentprog View Post
    TRUNCATE `zen_product_types`;
    TRUNCATE `zen_project_version`;
    TRUNCATE `zen_query_builder`;
    TRUNCATE `zen_configuration`;
    TRUNCATE `zen_layout_boxes`;
    TRUNCATE `zen_product_type_layout`;
    TRUNCATE `zen_configuration_group`;
    Bad idea on emptying those critical tables.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Bad idea on emptying those critical tables.
    Perhaps an earlier db upgrade attempt was made on this site?

I am now upgraded to 1.5.1 successfully. Thank you all for your help.

I did it once before but got a white screen on admin login.

I went back and commented out the insert statements which created primary key conflicts in the tables you highlighted.

I got the same error, but now was getting the error logs showing up in cache. It was about a missing japanese language pack. I uploaded that and now it's working.

Also, during the db upgrade when I encountered a mysql error, I dumped the database and re-imported, instead of trying to fix the primary key conflicts and continuing. I also got some errors because TYPE=MyISAM was used. The files I got from PM had these changed to ENGINE=MyISAM.

Thanks again for all your help.

Plugin Contributions

Is there anything in the database import and upgrade process which may interfere with the display of Japanese characters?

I am getting special characters on my new site which should be Japanese. I checked everywhere I could, includes/configure.php, languages/japanese.php with mb_language, mb_internal_encoding, mb_http_output functions and CHARSET constant, and mysql table and database collation,

When I exported and imported from phpmyadmin, I just exported the tables and data. Will attempting the database upgrade with full database definition export get me anywhere? Or is there another place in zen cart I should check, like other files I still need to upload from old site?

When I uploaded my modules files I kept the newer versions if there was a name conflict.

Plugin Contributions

Is there anything in the database import and upgrade process which may interfere with the display of Japanese characters? ...
    When you do the database upgrade one will probably need to specify "latin1" or "iso 8859-1" as the database character set (character data will probably be stored using these, as older versions typically used these character sets / encodings). Also see the article from iso-8859-1 to utf8.

After upgrading the database to the latest version one can choose to convert all of the language files (including html_define files), database storage, and character data in the database to UTF-8 and set the store to use UTF-8. I probably would if the old store was not using UTF8 and needed support for multiple languages (not supported natively by the previously used character set). One may need to handle the data for each file / database row differently depending upon language...

... When I uploaded my modules files I kept the newer versions if there was a name conflict.
    With an upgrade from such an old version, it is probably best to start with a nice clean fileset from the latest version (after updating the database using the clean filesets). This will avoid lots of headaches. Then add customizations such as a new template, updated language files, etc.

NOTE: The database "upgrade" should only be run against the database once (when successful). Running it multiple times may have undesired side effects.
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhūngīl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12