Plugin Contributions

Default How to Uninstall Products Upload Manager Mod?

This mod came with an install sql but not an uninstall and it's giving my site errors when I try to set up regular attributes. I've removed the files but does anyone know how to get in touch with the admin for that mod for an uninstall file?

The readme instructions don't list who created it so I'm kind of lost. I've tried searching and only came up with 5 threads that weren't relevant to this mod.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to Uninstall Products Upload Manager Mod?

So a couple of things of note.1) If the program has been downloaded from the plugins area of this forum, then the individual that submitted the code is identified with the plugin. This does not necessarily mean that the most recent uploader knows everything about the mod or can answer all questions, but that the individual identified some improvement/change that was worth sharing with the community and therefore uploaded. With regards to install/uninstall sql, well typically the uninstall performed in reverse of the install will remove the changes made. If an update statement is/was included in the install then a change was made to pre-existing database entry (either core or simply a change to something the code already inserted). Delete queries may be a little more difficult to restore as either something pre-existing in the db was deleted or some place holder added earlier in the sql was being removed.So basically, insert statements are changed to delete, delete are changed to insert, and update are typically updated back to the previous value.All that said, well, restoring to the database pre-attempt would be idealm next would be that the plugin should be tested first on a sample/remote store instead of a live store. Either or both of these would prevent the issues you have come to find.It is unfortunate that an uninstall routine is/was not provided. This is something that should be and as a result of it not being present is all the more reason to create a backup/perform off-site testing before using.Lastly, the author identified to the plugin described above appears to be cvhainb Ideally, the code could be made to work instead of just abandoning, I searched further for a forum on this code, but did not find one. Good luck with whatever you choose/find out. Hopefully though any problems experienced can be resolved and if it is/was with the code itself, maybe the problem can be corrected for your site and others.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I apologize for not returning to this thread to thank you. I did have a full backup and used that to go back to where I was before :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by townsend2009 View Post
    I apologize for not returning to this thread to thank you. I did have a full backup and used that to go back to where I was before :)
    Regardless, glad you got it to work and were able to come back and report your solution. Hopefully though an uninstall script will still be developed for the plugin in the future.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...