Plugin Contributions

Default Duplicate orders with one payment and no refund button - PayPal Pro

Hi,

I am using PayPal Pro, with PayPal Express Checkout (Pro 2.0 Payflow Edition) (UK) - Everything seems OK, except; today I noticed two exact same orders come in from a customer - but only one payment in PayPal.

The two orders are identical - The two PPRef: numbers are identical the only difference is the Transaction ID , which is different on both orders.

On checking another double order from a customer a couple of days ago, this has happened before too. Although, sadly - I had not noticed that only one payment had gone through - so sent the order twice!

Since setting up PayPal Pro a couple of weeks ago, I have also noticed that I do not have a direct refund button on the customers order any more in admin (although, I do have 'Partial Refund' option - but that does not work). If I need to refund/part refund, I have to sign into PayPal and search for transaction manually. That's fine - but it worries me that maybe the refund button should be there, so something is wrong.

Although, as I said, overall - payments and orders seem to go through fine, including credit card / 3d secure etc; but clearly something isn't quite 100%

I can't quite get my head around how the duplicate order/one payment issue could happen. Bad enough I may have sent more than one order twice to a customer that only paid once - I worry that maybe the reverse could happen, and without my knowing (without manually checking every order against a payment) - an order shows only once, but with no payment at PayPal.

I am sorry if I have given enough info, or even if too much - I just hope/wonder if anyone has experienced this or can advise on how to fix.

I assume, if I switch back to "1. PayPal = Express Checkout with a regular PayPal account" rather than PayFLow UK , I will get my refund button back - but then PayPal Pro and cardinal 3D secure etc wont work?

Appreciate any advice,
    All the best
    Dan

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Duplicate orders with one payment and no refund button - PayPal Pro

Just to add to my earlier post, I also occasionally get the below error message in admin:

"There was a problem retrieving transaction details. (Field format error: ORIGID missing)"

Dan.