Thread: Westminster New

Page 33 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Westminster New

Thanks Anne. I ended up causing a huge mess re-building the site several times only to find out that things worked fine (your template) until I restored my database, then the slide show quit working. On the final try, I restored the database, leaving out the "configuration" line (I saved a copy of my database without that particular entry), and your template slide show kept working!
    Now my problem is when I go into the admin section, drop down to the configuration of this template, it's completely blank. However, when I look at the database, the entries are in there. It's like when I installed the template, the database took it, but the admin-configure-westminister new template configuration won't show it.
    So the slide show is working, but I can't shut it off. Any ideas how to get the config stuff to show? Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Hi there,

Firstly let me say what a stunning template this is. really has had a lot of hard work put into it and it looks great.

Recently decided to switch to it and glad i did.

One question though which may/may not have been answered before but i cant seem to find it, At the bottom of lets say the specials page, there is a tab down the left side with "More Information" which looks like ez pages, how can i remove that whole topic.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Harris View Post
    Hi there,

Firstly let me say what a stunning template this is. really has had a lot of hard work put into it and it looks great.

One question though which may/may not have been answered before but i cant seem to find it, At the bottom of lets say the specials page, there is a tab down the left side with "More Information" which looks like ez pages, how can i remove that whole topic.
    That would be the More Information 'Sidebox'. You can turn sideboxes on and off in Admin - Tools - Layout Boxes Controller

Plugin Contributions

Hi there,

You can edit the footer by using admin--tools--flexible footer menu

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bigandrew View Post
    Thanks Anne. I ended up causing a huge mess re-building the site several times only to find out that things worked fine (your template) until I restored my database, then the slide show quit working. On the final try, I restored the database, leaving out the "configuration" line (I saved a copy of my database without that particular entry), and your template slide show kept working!
    Now my problem is when I go into the admin section, drop down to the configuration of this template, it's completely blank. However, when I look at the database, the entries are in there. It's like when I installed the template, the database took it, but the admin-configure-westminister new template configuration won't show it.
    So the slide show is working, but I can't shut it off. Any ideas how to get the config stuff to show? Thanks.
    There is probably a mis match between the configuration group id's. Check the configuration group table and match the number to the lines for westminster new in the configuration table.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Many thanks, i knew it was there lol. i have obviously looked at the for too long it vanished.

Lastly, it must be a silly question, but i don't have a carousel on my front page. i've looked to see if i can switch it on but as far as i can see, it should be on.

Plugin Contributions

Many thanks, i knew it was there lol. i have obviously looked at the for too long it vanished.

Lastly, it must be a silly question, but i don't have a carousel on my front page. i've looked to see if i can switch it on but as far as i can see, it should be on.
    Do you have any products specified as featured?

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

yes i have 3 just to test

Plugin Contributions

yes i have 3 just to test
    Do you have featured products turned on in admin--configuration--index listing.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Has anyone installed CSS JS Loader plugin with this template? I've had to install it as it is required for the Fast and Easy Checkout plugin. I noticed that my source code is a bit untidy.

Temporary link to source code: view-source:tinyurl.com/kljdboe (cut and paste into url. Doesn't work if you put http:// before it)

I've got a couple of issues:

1. Should I be concerned that I'm getting 'undefined' in my header as follows and do I fix it (see line 31 and 46)?
    Code:
    if (typeof jQuery == 'undefined') {
        document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.10.2/jquery.min.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
    2. I notice that there is duplication of stylesheet and script (line 23-34 with line 38-49). The file affected is includes/templates/westminster_new/common/html_header.php and it's definitely the css js loader bit that's causing the duplication as I've spent two days trying different things and searching for an answer. Lol, it's pretty obvious I'm no programmer! Has anyone managed to sort this? I would be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thank you!