Thread: Westminster New

Page 140 of 187 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1865
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Westminster New

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    That's very strange. I have not heard about this happening before. I hope that someone with more php knowledge can post and explain what is happening.

Thanks,

Anne
    define('HEADING_TITLE','Flexible Footer Menu');

Happening on my sites too... I will apply Frank's "fix"
    Last edited by schoolboy; 4 Jan 2017 at 04:44 AM.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Anne,
    First thank you for your templates, I have used them a few times over the years.

My situation is as follows: Set up a new Godaddy hosting account (I know, I know, GODADDY YICK) and installed zencart 1.5.5. I then installed your Westminster New theme and the google analytics plugin.

My problem: When I attempt to visit the login (on the front end) page I get a popup alert that reads:
    "An unknown response null: :text/html; charset=utf-8: :SyntaxError: Unexpected token m in JSON at position 0 was received while processing an ajax call. The action you requested could not be completed"

Then as I scroll farther down the page, to where you would enter your country for signup, instead of showing the countries list I get:
    "WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again."

This prevents the rest of the page from loading below this.

I looked in my log files and this is what I get in my "mydebug" file:
    "[03-Jan-2017 19:50:39 UTC] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=down_for_maintenance&zenid=qljcq63tr53aaqi4iep8vvj9g0, IP address: 70.90.59.1
    #1 trigger_error() called at [/home/merlintrading/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:167]
    #2 queryFactory->show_error() called at [/home/merlintrading/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:139]
    #3 queryFactory->set_error() called at [/home/merlintrading/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:266]
    #4 queryFactory->Execute() called at [/home/merlintrading/public_html/includes/modules/westminster_new/column_left.php:17]
    #5 require(/home/merlintrading/public_html/includes/modules/westminster_new/column_left.php) called at [/home/merlintrading/public_html/includes/templates/westminster_new/common/tpl_main_page.php:208]
    #6 require(/home/merlintrading/public_html/includes/templates/westminster_new/common/tpl_main_page.php) called at [/home/merlintrading/public_html/index.php:97]

[03-Jan-2017 19:50:39 UTC] PHP Fatal error: 1054:Unknown column 'show_box_min_width' in 'field list' :: select layout_box_name, show_box_min_width from zc_layout_boxes where layout_box_location = 0 and layout_box_status= '1' and layout_template ='westminster_new' order by layout_box_sort_order ==> (as called by) /home/merlintrading/public_html/includes/modules/westminster_new/column_left.php on line 17 <== in /home/merlintrading/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 167
    "

None of that makes any sense to me, as I have never had this exact set of problems with any of your themes. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Additionally, clicking the "signup" link in the menu does NOT throw the popup message but DOES include the missing countries and missing rest of the page.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dremhmrk2 View Post
    Anne,
    First thank you for your templates, I have used them a few times over the years.

My situation is as follows: Set up a new Godaddy hosting account (I know, I know, GODADDY YICK) and installed zencart 1.5.5. I then installed your Westminster New theme and the google analytics plugin.

My problem: When I attempt to visit the login (on the front end) page I get a popup alert that reads:
    "An unknown response null: :text/html; charset=utf-8: :SyntaxError: Unexpected token m in JSON at position 0 was received while processing an ajax call. The action you requested could not be completed"

Then as I scroll farther down the page, to where you would enter your country for signup, instead of showing the countries list I get:
    "WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again."

This prevents the rest of the page from loading below this.

I looked in my log files and this is what I get in my "mydebug" file:
    "[03-Jan-2017 19:50:39 UTC] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=down_for_maintenance&zenid=qljcq63tr53aaqi4iep8vvj9g0, IP address: 70.90.59.1
    #1 trigger_error() called at [/home/merlintrading/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:167]
    #2 queryFactory->show_error() called at [/home/merlintrading/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:139]
    #3 queryFactory->set_error() called at [/home/merlintrading/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:266]
    #4 queryFactory->Execute() called at [/home/merlintrading/public_html/includes/modules/westminster_new/column_left.php:17]
    #5 require(/home/merlintrading/public_html/includes/modules/westminster_new/column_left.php) called at [/home/merlintrading/public_html/includes/templates/westminster_new/common/tpl_main_page.php:208]
    #6 require(/home/merlintrading/public_html/includes/templates/westminster_new/common/tpl_main_page.php) called at [/home/merlintrading/public_html/index.php:97]

[03-Jan-2017 19:50:39 UTC] PHP Fatal error: 1054:Unknown column 'show_box_min_width' in 'field list' :: select layout_box_name, show_box_min_width from zc_layout_boxes where layout_box_location = 0 and layout_box_status= '1' and layout_template ='westminster_new' order by layout_box_sort_order ==> (as called by) /home/merlintrading/public_html/includes/modules/westminster_new/column_left.php on line 17 <== in /home/merlintrading/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 167
    "

None of that makes any sense to me, as I have never had this exact set of problems with any of your themes. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    How did you perform the installation? Did you use the proper method and FTP the folders/files to the server? Or did you use some crappy Godaddy self-install system?

See what happens with a godaddy account... problems before you even start.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    How did you perform the installation? Did you use the proper method and FTP the folders/files to the server? Or did you use some crappy Godaddy self-install system?

See what happens with a godaddy account... problems before you even start.
    I used their crappy self install (which to be honest I've used numerous times over the last few years without issue) If I don't get an answer that makes sense, my plan is to scrap the hosting account and reinstall, using the traditional method. I figured I'd give the internet an evening to try and answer this before I go ahead and do that though.

You're very right about Godaddy but I have tied hands regarding the host.

Plugin Contributions

charset=utf-8 <- could be the problem, usually not a dash before the 8

Open both configuration files and change to read:

define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8');

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Website Rob View Post
    charset=utf-8 <- could be the problem, usually not a dash before the 8

Open both configuration files and change to read:

define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8');
    Just to clarify: for DB_CHARSET it should be 'utf8' "without the dash/hyphen". But in english.php for the CHARSET it does use the dash: 'utf-8'

(databases evidently do it differently than browsers)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dremhmrk2 View Post
    I used their crappy self install (which to be honest I've used numerous times over the last few years without issue) If I don't get an answer that makes sense, my plan is to scrap the hosting account and reinstall, using the traditional method. I figured I'd give the internet an evening to try and answer this before I go ahead and do that though.

You're very right about Godaddy but I have tied hands regarding the host.
    Yes, it is not recommended to use the auto installers on live shops. I would recommend using the native zen cart installer.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

I'm about to call it quits on this template and also the Winchester as I'm having the same problem with that one.

Several weeks ago I posted that when I upload the config.westminster_new.php file the website shows but I get a blank or "WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again." message when attempting to get into my admin page. When I remove the file the template still shows on the website and I'm able to log into my admin area.
    My log files show the following:
    "05-Jan-2017 10:51:18 America/New_York] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' in /home/spmini5/public_html/teststore/my_secret_admin/includes/auto_loaders/config.westminster_new.php on line 8"

This is on a testsite - spminiatures.com/teststore
    I did a clean install of 1.55d and then uploaded the template files to their CORRECT folders.

I have looked through the forum and saw someone else having the same problem but didn't see a solution. I upgraded my PHP version thinking that might help but it didn't. I downloaded another westminster new file and reinstalled it. Still the same problem.

I give up!
    Carol

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by spminis View Post
    when I upload the config.westminster_new.php file the website shows but I get a blank or "WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again." message when attempting to get into my admin page. When I remove the file the template still shows on the website and I'm able to log into my admin area.
    My log files show the following:
    "05-Jan-2017 10:51:18 America/New_York] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' in /home/spmini5/public_html/teststore/my_secret_admin/includes/auto_loaders/config.westminster_new.php on line 8"
    Can you post the contents of that config file? Sounds like there's wrong syntax in the file.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.