Thread: Westminster New

Page 36 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Westminster New

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    It may be that I'm missing something but I thought that the Flexible Footer social icons take the user to your social page/site whereas the addthis links on the product page allow the user to post that product on their social page/site.
    OOPS, the AddThis script/buttons are hidden on the page (possibly a result of one of my initial edits). I made the wrong association that they were the ones in the flexible footer area since those were the only icons visible.

The code is in /includes/templates/westminster_new/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php

Commented the ADDTHIS code beginning line 157

Code:
    <!-- AddThis Button BEGIN --> <div class="addthis_toolbox addthis_default_style "> <a class="addthis_button_facebook_like" fb:like:layout="button_count"></a> <a class="addthis_button_tweet"></a> <a class="addthis_button_pinterest_pinit"></a> <a class="addthis_counter addthis_pill_style"></a> </div> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/250/addthis_widget.js#pubid=xa-4ff326d22d3b21a9"></script> <!-- AddThis Button END -->
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post
    Why does the normal flexible footer social media FB, twitter, pinterest, etc function normally on most pages but on product pages use ADDTHIS coding? I'm not sure where else AddThis appears but I just noticed that tracking software was detecting it and we have previously assured our customers that we would have nothing to do with AddThis after their canvas fingerprinting project was discovered.

Can all references and uses of ADDTHIS be removed or disabled? Easily? And just use the normal flexible footer code instead?

ADDTHIS is evil

The social media icons in the flexible footer do not use add this code of any kind. If you are seeing add this code then it is showing from some where else that you have added it.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

OOPS, the AddThis script/buttons are hidden on the page (possibly a result of one of my initial edits). I made the wrong association that they were the ones in the flexible footer area since those were the only icons visible.

The code is in /includes/templates/westminster_new/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php

Commented the ADDTHIS code beginning line 157

Code:
    <!-- AddThis Button BEGIN --> <div class="addthis_toolbox addthis_default_style "> <a class="addthis_button_facebook_like" fb:like:layout="button_count"></a> <a class="addthis_button_tweet"></a> <a class="addthis_button_pinterest_pinit"></a> <a class="addthis_counter addthis_pill_style"></a> </div> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/250/addthis_widget.js#pubid=xa-4ff326d22d3b21a9"></script> <!-- AddThis Button END -->
    Thank you for posting your resolution.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    If you are seeing add this code then it is showing from some where else that you have added it.
    AddThis code is included with the template in the mentioned file and I am not saying that it was included with any malicious intentions.

I may be in the minority but I do consider AddThis evil; especially when code has references to 'geolocate' in the script, that does raise flags on my end.

Since commenting the code doesn't remove it from "ViewSource", I have removed it from the file.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

AddThis code is included with the template in the mentioned file and I am not saying that it was included with any malicious intentions.

I may be in the minority but I do consider AddThis evil; especially when code has references to 'geolocate' in the script, that does raise flags on my end.

Since commenting the code doesn't remove it from "ViewSource", I have removed it from the file.
    Yes, I was assuming that you had already removed it from the tpl_product_info_page.php.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Just a by-the-by but if you comment out the code by surrounding it in

<?php /* ?>
    THE CODE
    <?php */ ?>

then this will remove it from the Source

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    Just a by-the-by but if you comment out the code by surrounding it in

<?php /* ?>
    THE CODE
    <?php */ ?>

then this will remove it from the Source
    TNX for that. I learn something new every day by reading this forum.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

I apologize in advance if this has been answered. My client would like to have banners on the home page w/ right column. Is there a way to turn on the right column of the home page? Thanks again for all you have done, love your templates.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by creyesx6 View Post
    I apologize in advance if this has been answered. My client would like to have banners on the home page w/ right column. Is there a way to turn on the right column of the home page? Thanks again for all you have done, love your templates.
    You can edit the includes/templates/override/common/tpl_main_page.php file.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

I am trying to edit the share and connect on the footer but when I goto Admin--Tools--Flexible Footer Menu and click edit on share and connect the column contents is blank and has nothing to edit. Am I missing something? I am using ZenCart 1.5.3
    Justin Kumpe