Plugin Contributions

Default Time Out Error Message when Adding Products to Cart

I am helping a client using Zen Cart 1.5.1, having upgraded in January from 1.3.5. They are using a modified version of the template Apparel Boutique.

Recently a customer pointed out an error on the product listing page. When logged in and trying to add a product to the cart from the page listing products from a specific category in grid format, the following error occurs:

"Whoops! Sorry, but you are not allowed to perform the action requested.
    You are still logged in to your account and may continue shopping. Please choose a destination from a menu."

I have tried replacing the grid format Apparel Boutique files for product listings (in modules and templates) with the default template one, but the error still occurs.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.
    the website is www.mariemadelinestudio.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Time Out Error Message when Adding Products to Cart

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtsanddesigns View Post
    I am helping a client using Zen Cart 1.5.1, having upgraded in January from 1.3.5. They are using a modified version of the template Apparel Boutique.

Recently a customer pointed out an error on the product listing page. When logged in and trying to add a product to the cart from the page listing products from a specific category in grid format, the following error occurs:

"Whoops! Sorry, but you are not allowed to perform the action requested.
    You are still logged in to your account and may continue shopping. Please choose a destination from a menu."

I have tried replacing the grid format Apparel Boutique files for product listings (in modules and templates) with the default template one, but the error still occurs.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.
    the website is www.mariemadelinestudio.com
    Okay, so not logged in gives the following message:
    Whoops! Your session has expired.
    If you were placing an order, please login and your shopping cart will be restored. You may then go back to the checkout and complete your final purchases.

It's been a little while since I've seen/worked the solution for this, but it would seem that the store has session issues. These may be reviewed through the admin panel configuration->sessions. The includes/configure.php file and or the php.ini file.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thank you. What specifically should I be looking for under "sessions" and in the config file?

Also, I should note, the store allows you to add things to the cart if you view the product details page. It just doesn't allow it in the listing page. Would that still be a sessions issue? I've tried to find other threads about this but came up empty.

Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you. What specifically should I be looking for under "sessions" and in the config file?

Also, I should note, the store allows you to add things to the cart if you view the product details page. It just doesn't allow it in the listing page. Would that still be a sessions issue? I've tried to find other threads about this but came up empty.

Thanks again.
    Okay, so maybe it was the other thing that I was considering not mentioning based on the system response above. In the first post it was stated something about replacing some files with the default files, but what about attempting to set the current template to be the default green (unmodified) template? Does the same problem occur?

At the moment, imight suggest posting your current sessions settings. In the configure.php file iwas thinking that perhaps there could be a file location/path issue, but again based on the above situation thinking that there is possibly something else associated with the template that is going on.

How was your current version of zc setup? Was it an upgrade, initial install, clean install with what plugins/modifications added?

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I just briefly turned on the green template and it did work. Do you have any ideas as to what files would need to be fixed to get this thing to work within the next few hours? It is a super busy website.

The current install was an upgrade as I said. I upgraded it for them in January. I actually had to do a fresh install as the upgrade failed, and there were all sorts of problems. I downloaded the updated version of the template, inserted the modifications, and made several test purchases to verify it worked. At the time, I had no error messages.

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I just briefly turned on the green template and it did work. Do you have any ideas as to what files would need to be fixed to get this thing to work within the next few hours? It is a super busy website.

The current install was an upgrade as I said. I upgraded it for them in January. I actually had to do a fresh install as the upgrade failed, and there were all sorts of problems. I downloaded the updated version of the template, inserted the modifications, and made several test purchases to verify it worked. At the time, I had no error messages.
    The way I usually address template related issues is to compare the template folder to the default folder for all ways that a default folder can be overridden looking for differences in both the contents of eachfile but the contents of the folder (ie. No unexplained extra files for example no additional files having the extension of php such as product_info.old.php is a bad name)

There's a plugin that shows all of the override directories to help with that.