Plugin Contributions

help question Admin Page - "Hello. Thank you for loading Zen Cart" - OH help!

Hey guys,

So, I set this website up about two years ago for a friend, who is an established small business owner. This is the only time I've used ZenCart, so forgive me if I sound terribly naive. I have decent understanding and experience with web development, but I'm out of ideas

A few days ago, the entire site went down, showing the page that reads

This is your first time using Zen Cart® and you haven't yet completed the normal Installation procedure.
    If this is the case for you, you will need to upload the "zc_install" folder using your FTP program, and then run zc_install/index.php via your browser (or reload this page to see a link to it).

Your /includes/configure.php and/or /admin/includes/configure.php file contains invalid path information and/or invalid database-connection information.
    If you recently edited your configure.php files for any reason, or maybe moved your site to a different folder or different server, then you'll need to review and update all your settings to the correct values for your server.
    See the Online FAQ and Tutorials area on the Zen Cart® website for assistance.
    We got the front-end back up by changing the path. Apparently the host made some minor adjustments and we had to update the paths accordingly. However, making the exact same change to the admin side is NOT working. The most critical part - having the front-end up - is good for now. I've ran a test order to ensure the database is updating as activity occurs. But, we really need to get into the admin side, as well. PLEASE let me know if there is something I'm overlooking or that would cause this page to display when I try to access the admin panel OTHER than the path. I've Google'd my heart out and am simply not getting anywhere. Thank you so much in advance!!

Additionally, I can't access the admin panel (clearly) to get the version, etc., so please bear with me

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Page - "Hello. Thank you for loading Zen Cart" - OH help!

Can you post both of the "configure.php" files in their entirety (replace the admin folder name with "admin" and obscure the DB user/pass)? Please use the "#" button to wrap the file contents in a "code" block to make reading easier.

Is the information you posted the full message displayed when trying to access the admin folder (again use a code block if posting an updated message)?

Are any "debug" files present? Other changes made by the hosting provider?
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhūngīl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for replying!

Here is the front end:

Code:
    <?php
    /**
     * @package Configuration Settings circa 1.5.0
     * @copyright Copyright 2003-2011 Zen Cart Development Team
     * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
     * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
     * File Built by zc_install on 2012-04-19 12:09:41
     */

/*************** NOTE: This file is similar, but DIFFERENT from the "admin" version of configure.php. ***********/
    /***************       The 2 files should be kept separate and not used to overwrite each other.      ***********/

// Define the webserver and path parameters
      // HTTP_SERVER is your Main webserver: eg-http://www.your_domain.com
      // HTTPS_SERVER is your Secure webserver: eg-https://www.your_domain.com
      define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://catherinescurtainoutlet.com');
      define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://catherinescurtainoutlet.netfirms.com');

// Use secure webserver for checkout procedure?
      define('ENABLE_SSL', 'false');

// NOTE: be sure to leave the trailing '/' at the end of these lines if you make changes!
    // * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
      // these paths are relative to top of your webspace ... (ie: under the public_html or httpdocs folder)
      define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');
      define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
      define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
      define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
      define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
      define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
      define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
      define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'pub/');
      define('DIR_WS_TEMPLATES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'templates/');

define('DIR_WS_PHPBB', '/');

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
      //the following path is a COMPLETE path to your Zen Cart files. eg: /var/www/vhost/accountname/public_html/store/
      define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/users/web/b1693/nf.catherinescurtainoutlet/public_html/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
      define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');
      define('DIR_WS_UPLOADS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'uploads/');
      define('DIR_FS_UPLOADS', DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_UPLOADS);
      define('DIR_FS_EMAIL_TEMPLATES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'email/');

// define our database connection
      define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql');
      define('DB_PREFIX', '');
      define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8');
      define('DB_SERVER', 'catherinescurtainoutlet.netfirmsmysql.com');
      define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', '******');
      define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '******');
      define('DB_DATABASE', 'cczen1');

// The next 2 "defines" are for SQL cache support.
      // For SQL_CACHE_METHOD, you can select from:  none, database, or file
      // If you choose "file", then you need to set the DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE to a directory where your apache 
      // or webserver user has write privileges (chmod 666 or 777). We recommend using the "cache" folder inside the Zen Cart folder
      // ie: /path/to/your/webspace/public_html/zen/cache   -- leave no trailing slash  
      define('SQL_CACHE_METHOD', 'none'); 
      define('DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE', '/home/users/web/b1693/nf.catherinescurtainoutlet/public_html/');

// EOF
    The admin side:

Code:
    <?php
    /**
     * @package Configuration Settings circa 1.5.0
     * @copyright Copyright 2003-2011 Zen Cart Development Team
     * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
     * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
     * File Built by zc_install on 2012-04-19 12:09:41
     */

/*************** NOTE: This file is similar, but DIFFERENT from the "store" version of configure.php. ***********/
    /***************       The 2 files should be kept separate and not used to overwrite each other.      ***********/

/**
     * WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU USE SSL PROTECTION FOR YOUR ENTIRE ADMIN:
     * To do that, make sure you use a "https:" URL for BOTH the HTTP_SERVER and HTTPS_SERVER entries:
     */
      define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://catherinescurtainoutlet.com');
      define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://catherinescurtainoutlet.netfirms.com');
      define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://catherinescurtainoutlet.com');
      define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://catherinescurtainoutlet.netfirms.com');

// secure webserver for admin?  Valid choices are 'true' or 'false' (including quotes).
      define('ENABLE_SSL_ADMIN', 'false');

// secure webserver for storefront?  Valid choices are 'true' or 'false' (including quotes).
      define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false');

// NOTE: be sure to leave the trailing '/' at the end of these lines if you make changes!
    // * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
      // these paths are relative to top of your webspace ... (ie: under the public_html or httpdocs folder)
      $t1 = parse_url(HTTP_SERVER);$p1 = $t1['path'];$t2 = parse_url(HTTPS_SERVER);$p2 = $t2['path'];

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', preg_replace('#^' . str_replace('-', '\-', $p1) . '#', '', dirname($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'])) . '/');
      define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');
      define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN', preg_replace('#^' . str_replace('-', '\-', $p2) . '#', '', dirname($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'])) . '/');
      define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
      define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
      define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
      define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_TEMPLATE', HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/templates/');
      define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
      define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
      define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
      define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
      define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
      define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
      define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', realpath(dirname(__FILE__) . '/../') . '/');
      //the following path is a COMPLETE path to your Zen Cart files. eg: /var/www/vhost/accountname/public_html/store/
      define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/users/web/b1693/nf.catherinescurtainoutlet/public_html/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
      define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
      define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');
      define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_TEMPLATES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/templates/');
      define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');
      define('DIR_FS_EMAIL_TEMPLATES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'email/');
      define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

// define our database connection
      define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql');
      define('DB_PREFIX', '');
      define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8');
      define('DB_SERVER', 'catherinescurtainoutlet.netfirmsmysql.com');
      define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', '******');
      define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '******');
      define('DB_DATABASE', 'cczen1');

// If you choose "file", then you need to set the DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE to a directory where your apache 
      // or webserver user has write privileges (chmod 666 or 777). We recommend using the "cache" folder inside the Zen Cart folder
      // ie: /path/to/your/webspace/public_html/zen/cache   -- leave no trailing slash  
      define('DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE', '/hermes/bosweb/web169/b1693/nf.catherinescurtainoutlet/public_html/cache');

// Define the webserver and path parameters
      // Main webserver: eg-http://www.your_domain.com - 
      // HTTP_SERVER is your Main webserver: eg-http://www.your_domain.com
      // HTTPS_SERVER is your Secure webserver: eg-https://www.your_domain.com
      // HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER is your Main webserver: eg-http://www.your_domain.com
      // HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER is your Secure webserver: eg-https://www.your_domain.com
      /* 
       * URLs for your site will be built via:  
       *     HTTP_SERVER plus DIR_WS_ADMIN or
       *     HTTPS_SERVER plus DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN or 
       *     HTTP_SERVER plus DIR_WS_CATALOG or 
       *     HTTPS_SERVER plus DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG
       * ...depending on your system configuration settings
       */
    // EOF

I'm willing to bet it's something small or simple. Probably a minor mistake that I'm not catching because I'm too overwhelmed and under-educated in syntax/form to catch it. I know you said to blank out the name of the admin folder, but... (and maybe this is my problem) oddly enough, it's not anywhere in that file. I tried adding it to the end of the path, but that didn't work either, so it's not currently included. The hosting provider gave it a go and only messed things up further, so I'm not even sure what I changed and what they changed before they started tinkering with it the other day. Thanks so much for your help!!

Plugin Contributions

Looks like one of the paths in the admin "configure.php" was missed:
    Code:
    <?php

/*************** NOTE: This file is similar, but DIFFERENT from the "store" version of configure.php. ***********/

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', realpath(dirname(__FILE__) . '/../') . '/');

define('DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE', '/hermes/bosweb/web169/b1693/nf.catherinescurtainoutlet/public_html/cache');

May also want to run the Fix Cache Key tool as it appears the website was migrated from one physical location to another by the hosting provider.
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!

Plugin Contributions

I made the cache path change so that it matched the server path. Then I ran the cache fix and it said no changes required in the "Actual Information" section of the results.

Am I supposed to be referencing the name of the admin folder somewhere in the admin config file? I don't know what to change next Thanks yet again for your wonderful help!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by iwalkonstars View Post
    I made the cache path change so that it matched the server path. ...
    Please clarify what you mean by "server path" and answer the other two questions posted earlier...

You might also look through the official "moved server" faq. It outlines what needs to be done when moving around the Zen Cart installation.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry about that - I was being hasty.
    As it currently is, the message reads "WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again."

I'm not aware of any debugging files, and the host couldn't even tell me WHY they made changes, so I'm not sure what they did. When they tried to fix this for me, they ended up disabling the storefront. I'm kinda left out in the water here =/

Thoughts?

Plugin Contributions

Should be able to use FTP to locate any debug logs. Usually when that message appears in the Zen Cart administrative interface one will be created. Check the link in my signature for more details on locating / accessing debug logs.

One may want to verify the new hosting location supports the version of Zen Cart installed. We've seen many hosting providers automatically changing to PHP 5.4+ recently (which can be problematic for a stock install of Zen Cart 1.3.x - 1.5.1). Most allow configuring an older version of PHP.

Are you saying after you were able to get the storefront working, your host made additional changes and broke the storefront again?

Plugin Contributions

There are a ton of log files from various days since the issue started. Yikes! I'm not sure which one is applicable here.

The host is using PHP5.3.

Yes, when the site went down because of the move they did, I contacted them to get their help. They explained all they had to do was change the path.

Code:
    Once they did that, the storefront came back but the admin side was still giving the "Hello. Thank you for loading Zen Cart" page. I changed the path on the admin's configure file, and then it started giving the "WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again." error. From there I called them back, they started "working to fix it" and even at their highest level of tech support, they only re-crashed the storefront. I had them backtrack to where they left off the first time so we at least had the storefront working, but I cannot - FOR THE LIFE OF ME - figure out what's wrong with the admin file. Again, from my understanding nothing else changed. I'm happy to give you whatever information you need if you can help me! When I was freelancing, having time to research this stuff was much more feasible and is how I learned. But, I'm now a single mom of two with a full time job, so I am literally shot for the time to even try.

Thank you!!!

Plugin Contributions

The Warning ... error usually refers to a DB access problem:

http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...-and-try-again

Triple check the database user, password and DB name in the admin configure.php file.