Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dover Fine Responsive Template

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    Remove this block of code form the admin/includes/installers/dover_fine/1.0.php:

Code:
    global $db;
    $sql = "SELECT * from " . TABLE_LAYOUT_BOXES . " LIMIT 1";
    $result = $db->Execute($sql);
    $value = $result->fields['show_box_min_width'];
    $type = gettype($value);
    if ($type == 'NULL'){

$db->Execute("ALTER TABLE " . TABLE_LAYOUT_BOXES  . " ADD show_box_min_width TINYINT( 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1' AFTER layout_box_status_single;");

}
    Thanks,

Anne
    Thanks!
    I did it, but unfortunately didn't work ... maybe I am missing a step, as I just noticed this installer code, that executes all the db statements, should I run that first?
    I was following the html instructions step by step except the db backup explanation, which is for non techs or unfamiliar users, and then carefully checked that all the files were in place, one by one without skipping any, I didn't read the code but the only thing that's installed besides Dover is the Responsive sheffield Blue ... and a few CSS modifications I did, nothing else ...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by icecold View Post
    Thanks!
    I did it, but unfortunately didn't work ... maybe I am missing a step, as I just noticed this installer code, that executes all the db statements, should I run that first?
    I was following the html instructions step by step except the db backup explanation, which is for non techs or unfamiliar users, and then carefully checked that all the files were in place, one by one without skipping any, I didn't read the code but the only thing that's installed besides Dover is the Responsive sheffield Blue ... and a few CSS modifications I did, nothing else ...
    You need to follow the installation instructions in the templates readme.html file. It is different for this template than older templates.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    You need to follow the installation instructions in the templates readme.html file. It is different for this template than older templates.

Thanks,

Anne
    Following exactly those instructions, BTW not using Filezilla because it's not working from my desktop, so I directly uncompressed the zip file in my CP file manager inside my server, however as I already removed everything and started fresh, I am testing what differences are between your layoutcontroller.php file and the one in v153, as that seems to affect even the upgraded version, not the one I am testing now, which is a NEW installation, and is working fine with the classic template, as expected, i will test it by keeping both files, renaming the old one to something not related, and then without rewriting to see if the error persists ...

From your explanation I assume you are referring to remove these lines
    PHP Code:
    global $db;
    $sql "SELECT * from " TABLE_LAYOUT_BOXES " LIMIT 1";
    $result $db->Execute($sql);
    $value $result->fields['show_box_min_width'];
    $type gettype($value);
    if (
    $type == 'NULL'){

$db->Execute("ALTER TABLE " TABLE_LAYOUT_BOXES  " ADD show_box_min_width TINYINT( 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1' AFTER layout_box_status_single;");

Only if I have another responsive theme, which is not the case now.
    So I am testing both scenarios.

Plugin Contributions

Test 1 - failed adding the new layout_controller.php with the responsive design amendments cause this error again >>> We are sorry but the page you requested is no longer available, it has been moved or deleted.

The Store catalog also displays this error >>>

WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.

It doesn't get fixed just by doing what it says though ....

Plugin Contributions

Test 1 - failed adding the new layout_controller.php with the responsive design amendments cause this error again >>> We are sorry but the page you requested is no longer available, it has been moved or deleted.

The Store catalog also displays this error >>>

WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.

It doesn't get fixed just by doing what it says though ....
    Additional error from log file >>>

[29-Jul-2014 20:01:41] PHP Warning: require(includes/application_top.php) [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/seasonbr/public_html/demostore/index.php on line 26
    [29-Jul-2014 20:01:41] PHP Warning: require(includes/application_top.php) [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/seasonbr/public_html/demostore/index.php on line 26
    [29-Jul-2014 20:01:41] PHP Fatal error: require() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/seasonbr/public_html/demostore/index.php on line 26
    So it's failing to open application_top!!! Permissions are fine at 644, no php upgrades that I know of have been performed ...

Plugin Contributions

So it's failing to open application_top!!! Permissions are fine at 644, no php upgrades that I know of have been performed ...
    That's fixed but now I am not able to display the left column ...

Plugin Contributions

My last test was to check if the installer was properly executed, so I manually checked all the affected tables, and see if the values were updated or inserted, as they should, as the SQL statements dictate. I went through configuration and layout boxes and both tables were properly updated, and the script was executed.

However I have no clue why my iPhone 4 running iOS 5.1.1(9B206) displays the menu, but after you release your finger the menu disappears, so I am not able to select any options.

This is my server's info>

Server Information
    Server Host: host.theoutletseason.com (209.151.89.229) Database Host: localhost (127.0.0.1)
    Server OS: Linux 2.6.18-308.8.2.el5.028stab101.1PAE Database: MySQL 5.1.73-cll
    Server Date: 07/30/2014 21:05:39 Database Date: 07/30/2014 21:05:39
    Server Up Time: 21:05:39 up 1 day, 15:36, 0 users, load average: 1.64, 2.04, 2.32 HTTP Server: Apache
    PHP Version: 5.2.17 (Zend: 2.2.0) PHP Memory Limit: 1024M PHP Safe Mode: Off
    PHP File Uploads: On Max Size: 20M POST Max Size: 150M
    Database Data Size: 224 kB Database Index Size: 327 kB

Zen Cart
    Zen Cart 1.5.3

Database Patch Level: 1.5.3

v1.5.3 [2014-07-29 21:52:09] (New Installation)
    v1.5.3 [2014-07-29 21:52:09] (New Installation)
    Another issue I encounter, is the left column menu is not showing up even at a full HD desktop display 1920x1080, and that's probably I was not able to reset the boxes layout controller, as it is still displaying this error message >>
    We are sorry but the page you requested is no longer available, it has been moved or deleted.
    Last edited by icecold; 31 Jul 2014 at 02:15 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Another test revealed that using the ORIGINAL layout_controller file, made the problem disappear I am checking both codes to see if I can spot what is causing this behavior, another issue I found in my iPhone 4 iOS 5.1.1, is the fact the logo is stretched vertically, will check the mobile css to see if I can find what the problem might be ...

However I still need to compare both files because in this test I simply renamed the new one in the template to something else, even changed the extension, and then renamed the back the original, and boom it worked! Now I need to check where are the differences between those two files ...

Plugin Contributions

Another test revealed that using the ORIGINAL layout_controller file, made the problem disappear I am checking both codes to see if I can spot what is causing this behavior, another issue I found in my iPhone 4 iOS 5.1.1, is the fact the logo is stretched vertically, will check the mobile css to see if I can find what the problem might be ...

However I still need to compare both files because in this test I simply renamed the new one in the template to something else, even changed the extension, and then renamed the back the original, and boom it worked! Now I need to check where are the differences between those two files ...
    The problems that you are experiencing are atypical. It leads me to believe that there is something wrong with your zen cart install or with the template package files that you are uploading.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Last test I manually recreated the layout_controller.php file and the problem was SOLVED!!!

Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast