Thread: Shipping Issue

Plugin Contributions

Default Shipping Issue

Hi,
    I have a client who needs to calculate overseas shipping when an order comes in - in other words she wants to notify the customer how much it is going to cost rather than set any automatic calculations.
    I am completely lost how to do this!
    Any help gratefully appreciated
    Vix

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Vix332 View Post
    Hi,
    I have a client who needs to calculate overseas shipping when an order comes in - in other words she wants to notify the customer how much it is going to cost rather than set any automatic calculations.
    I am completely lost how to do this!
    Any help gratefully appreciated
    Vix
    Where is 'overseas' ?

What shipping module(s) are you using?

..... and most importantly, Why are you still using ZenCart V1.3.8?

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    Where is 'overseas' ?

What shipping module(s) are you using?

..... and most importantly, Why are you still using ZenCart V1.3.8?

Cheers
    RodG
    OS = outside of Australia
    Ship mod = flat rate
    and too freaked out to try and upgrade - not like wordpress you have to rebuild the shop don't you?
    V

Plugin Contributions

OS = outside of Australia
    That's not the answer I was expecting :-)
    Ship mod = flat rate
    You'll need to duplicate this mod and make a few minor changes (to avoid conflicts) and then configure zencart to have two shipping zones, one for each module.
    A search of these forums will give several threads with more explicit instructions on how to do this.
    Alternatively, you could install the ozpost shipping module that will give accurate quotes regardless of the destination and cart contents.
    and too freaked out to try and upgrade - not like wordpress you have to rebuild the shop don't you?
    V
    No, you don't need to rebuild the shop, but you do need to closely follow the step by step instructions.
    Although it isn't my intention to freak you out even more, but it is only a matter of time before you'll have to upgrade whether you want to or not. Whether this will be due to being hacked or your host updating their PHP version is anyones guess (you are currently on borrowed time) and if the thought of upgrading freaks you out now how will you cope on the day that you find you can't access your site at all? (it's a costly and time consuming process trying to upgrade a site that is not functioning at all)
    Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    That's not the answer I was expecting :-)

You'll need to duplicate this mod and make a few minor changes (to avoid conflicts) and then configure zencart to have two shipping zones, one for each module.
    A search of these forums will give several threads with more explicit instructions on how to do this.
    Alternatively, you could install the ozpost shipping module that will give accurate quotes regardless of the destination and cart contents.

No, you don't need to rebuild the shop, but you do need to closely follow the step by step instructions.
    Although it isn't my intention to freak you out even more, but it is only a matter of time before you'll have to upgrade whether you want to or not. Whether this will be due to being hacked or your host updating their PHP version is anyones guess (you are currently on borrowed time) and if the thought of upgrading freaks you out now how will you cope on the day that you find you can't access your site at all? (it's a costly and time consuming process trying to upgrade a site that is not functioning at all)
    Cheers
    RodG
    Only ever having done one shop I am just unfamiliar with the process - I guess I will have to upgrade soon - I gather the ozpost module is yours? What dimensions do you have to have to use it?
    Thanks
    V

Plugin Contributions

I gather the ozpost module is yours?
    Yes, but that isn't why I mentioned it.
    What dimensions do you have to have to use it?
    For accurate quotes it needs accurate dimensions because this is (partly) how it determines the difference between letters, satchels and parcels (and how many of what item(s) will fit in each).

Cheers
    RodG