Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Will not install: blank white page

Same problem here. I've used the comment over xcache in zc_install/index.php trick to get around it.
    Oh yea, all my define pages gone poof, and reset to default after the DB update.

Plugin Contributions

Same issue here, was getting a blank page when trying to setup a new test environment. Commenting out the xcache line and now it works.

Plugin Contributions

I just migrated over to digitalocean cloud, using ubuntu with ehcpForce control panel. Moved over my site v151 and tried to view site and got a blank white screen. So I decided I would try a fresh install. Site loaded and said no config files found. Changed the two configuration files to the name as rquired. Ran install and got a 404 error. Hmmmm I thought. So I went back and changed them to dist congig again and everything worked fine. So one by one I renamed the two config files. Turns out the non admin config file caused the 404 error. With that one not named properly, I was able to get to the step where says certain files are not writeable bla bla bla, and no config file found, as expected. So if I go back and rename that dist config file to config again, 404. Weird huh? Whats up with that?

Can you tell me how to comment out the xcache in index.php in install index.php. Not sure where to start and where to stop.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pixelpadre View Post
    ... Can you tell me how to comment out the xcache in index.php in install index.php. Not sure where to start and where to stop.
    In Zen Cart 1.5.4's install (probably a similiar fix for older versions): https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....96#post1268796

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lhungil View Post
    In Zen Cart 1.5.4's install (probably a similiar fix for older versions): https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....96#post1268796
    Still getting 404 error as long as the dist-configure file in root is named configure. something in that file is throwing off the server.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pixelpadre View Post
    Still getting 404 error as long as the dist-configure file in root is named configure. something in that file is throwing off the server.
    So ... don't use dist-configure then. The zc_install just needs a configure.php file that's writable. Chances are the example defaults in dist-configure.php are something your ehcpForce stuff doesn't like. So ... if you simply make the configure.php file's contents blank then ZC won't have any settings to try, and thus it won't try to use the data in it to try to connect to a database.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chibipaw View Post
    Same problem here. I've used the comment over xcache in zc_install/index.php trick to get around it.
    Oh yea, all my define pages gone poof, and reset to default after the DB update.
    If still have backups of your old site or access to the directory, your define pages can be easily restored. This is why it is important to follow the posted instructions for upgrading/installing fresh... The upgrade doesn't "destroy" or remove them, just needs them to be relocated as part of the transfer.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    If still have backups of your old site or access to the directory, your define pages can be easily restored. This is why it is important to follow the posted instructions for upgrading/installing fresh... The upgrade doesn't "destroy" or remove them, just needs them to be relocated as part of the transfer.
    Look at my join date, then look at yours.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    So ... don't use dist-configure then. The zc_install just needs a configure.php file that's writable. Chances are the example defaults in dist-configure.php are something your ehcpForce stuff doesn't like. So ... if you simply make the configure.php file's contents blank then ZC won't have any settings to try, and thus it won't try to use the data in it to try to connect to a database.

wow. so far so good.

Plugin Contributions

Booyah it worked. Thanks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast