Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal orders missing transaction details

Hi,
    i have 2 orders thru paypal today, one using credit card and the other paypal account and both are missing transaction details in my Zen cart...Any idea?
    Is there anyhting in the modules that needs to be updated?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal orders missing transaction details

Quote Originally Posted by sss2012 View Post
    Hi,i have 2 orders thru paypal today, one using credit card and the other paypal account and both are missing transaction details in my Zen cart...Any idea?Is there anyhting in the modules that needs to be updated?Thanks
    If an update was necessary, we wouldn't be able to tell based on the above information alone. I somewhat doubt that an update of a recent version of ZC would be necessary to obtain PayPal data, but I have seen this happen when/if the site has lost CURL communication with PayPal. Other part of that though was that a purchase couldn't even be made. So next up? What method of PayPal are you using? Is it payPal express? Standard? Etc... Answering the posting tips questions would really help.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

All of the categories below are empty under the order details....Under admin paymnet module i see both PayPal Website Payments Pro and
    PayPal Express Checkout say "processing"

First Name:
    Last Name:
    Business Name:
    Address Name:
    Address Street:
    Address City:
    Address State:
    Address Country:

Payer Email:
    Ebay ID:
    Payer ID:
    Payer Status:
    Address Status:
    Trans. ID:
    Parent Trans. ID:

Trans. Type:
    Payment Type:
    Payment Status:
    Pending Reason:
    Invoice:
    Payment Date:

Currency:
    Gross Amount:
    Payment Fee:
    Exchange Rate:
    Cart items:

Plugin Contributions

All of the categories below are empty under the order details....Under admin paymnet module i see both PayPal Website Payments Pro and PayPal Express Checkout say "processing"First Name: Last Name: Business Name: Address Name: Address Street: Address City: Address State: Address Country: Payer Email: Ebay ID: Payer ID: Payer Status: Address Status: Trans. ID: Parent Trans. ID: Trans. Type: Payment Type: Payment Status: Pending Reason: Invoice: Payment Date: Currency: Gross Amount: Payment Fee: Exchange Rate: Cart items:
    And yet your paypal account reflects that a payment was received, correct? If so, check your setting in your paypal account as it relates to those in your ZC store. It's been a while since I helped with paypal related issues, but what I have found predominantly is that express is fine to haave on it's own unless something prevents it's usage and then to switch to another, not necessarily have two active.But, no information at all on your side seems like it could be associated with the communication with the main servers.Other ways to check on the communication side of things is to run a few tests. Should try a curl test. Aand there is an ipncheck as well. Again though version information would help.

Plugin Contributions

order actually shows in zen cart, with order number and everything, but the actual transaction details(like transaction ID and everything else) is blank...And order shows up in paypal and i do get email confirmation from paypal...its only orders from today...yesterday and prior orders are fine..I will test tomorrow and see what the tests show and i will update the thread.Thank you

Plugin Contributions

order actually shows in zen cart, with order number and everything, but the actual transaction details(like transaction ID and everything else) is blank...And order shows up in paypal and i do get email confirmation from paypal...its only orders from today...yesterday and prior orders are fine..I will test tomorrow and see what the tests show and i will update the thread.Thank you
    Okay, so definitely looks like a communication issue. Have you reviewed the various logs that are available? ZC v1.5.1 and above have log files in the directory ZCstore/logs while versions before 1.5.1 have that in the ZCstore/cache directory. Also, paypal has it's own error log directory; however, there may not be anything logged there based on the logging settings in ZC. The log directory if I am correct is in ZCstore/includes/modules/payments/paypal and the somewhere underneath that directory.Also, may I suggest some testing per the following: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...sting-ToolsAnd or verification of setup for both payment methods: (express specifically: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?20 and then Paypal in general: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/PayPal)Of course it may help to also know which method of payment was used (paypal express or the other one) to help narrow things down.One post somewhere read that it is possible that there re/were some options requiring confirmation in paypal before they would process any more payments; however, one would think that having accessed paypal and performed other reviews, that any such issues would already be addressed and an error would have been logged.

Plugin Contributions

I got 2 orders today and they all have the required info...So I guess it was just some temporary glitch in communication with PayPal yesterday. I will still keep monitoring..Thanks so much for the help!!!