Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal problems.

It is nice to be treated like an idiot.

I searched extensively for an answer, as looking for an answer that already exists is quicker than waiting for a new answer.

I have applied no zone restrictions, this error happened with a new fresh unmodified install of zen cart 1.5.3

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I can't trigger the error, but I have no way of knowing what exactly you're submitting to PayPal.

Please give me the exact step-by-step to recreate your symptoms.
    I'll assume you're starting with:
    a) download Zen Cart v1.5.3 zip
    b) uncompress the zip and upload the files to the server
    c) run zc_install, and go through all the steps (ideally with demo data, but if not, then give me the steps you took to create a test product, too)
    .... but, which country/zone settings did you select in the Store Setup page there?
    ... then, what settings did you change in your Admin other than setting your PayPal user/sig/pwd credentials? What other settings did you set in your PayPal module? And, which module are you using?
    ... then what address did you test your checkout with? what currency? What purchase price?
    ... install anything else? language packs? plugins? anything?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, firstly this is an error I just saw on my live site. payments are coming through, but just wondered if this error was related in anyway.

I have 21 of these errors in a 2 hour period

[ACK] => Failure
    [VERSION] => 61.0
    [BUILD] => 11881259
    [L_ERRORCODE0] => 10004
    [L_SHORTMESSAGE0] => Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
    [L_LONGMESSAGE0] => The transaction id is not valid

Regarding your post above, let me get all the info and get back to you
    Last edited by DigitalShadow; 18 Jul 2014 at 02:12 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I think those errors are caused by the admin looking up old orders, since upgrading/migrating the old orders don't show paypal data correctly.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalShadow View Post
    I think those errors are caused by the admin looking up old orders, since upgrading/migrating the old orders don't show paypal data correctly.
    You're right: If you changed PayPal accounts then those old orders cannot be retrieved using a different PayPal account.
    But, if the PayPal account hasn't changed, then there should be no problem pulling up old orders. My sites pull them up fine.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal problems - unable to process orders from the geographic region you selecte

[31-Jul-2014 08:52:33 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error: 1267:Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '=' :: SELECT zone_id
    FROM zones
    WHERE zone_country_id = 73
    AND zone_code = '�H AUTE VIENNE'
    OR zone_name = '�H AUTE VIENNE'
    LIMIT 1 ==> (as called by) /home/[removed]/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypalwpp.php on line 1827 <== in /home/[removed]/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 155

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal problems - unable to process orders from the geographic region you selecte

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalShadow View Post
    [31-Jul-2014 08:52:33 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error: 1267:Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '=' :: SELECT zone_id
    FROM zones
    WHERE zone_country_id = 73
    AND zone_code = '�H AUTE VIENNE'
    OR zone_name = '�H AUTE VIENNE'
    LIMIT 1 ==> (as called by) /home/[removed]/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypalwpp.php on line 1827 <== in /home/[removed]/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 155
    You've got your store set up with latin1 data in your database and utf8 specified in your store. Run this utility to upgrade your database: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...8859-1-to-utf8

Plugin Contributions

I have completed that now, I will attempt to switch the paypal module back to Payflow-UK

Would this have caused the country errors with Payflow-UK?

Plugin Contributions

I was having the exact same problem for weeks, went through everything with a fine tooth comb. Finally found the problem, it is in includes/modules/payment/paypalwpp.php lines 217-218 and 229-230, and the cause, wait for it, a curly bracket/brace being in the wrong place.

Use Winmerge to copy the curly bracket/brace layout on lines 218-219 and 229-230 from paypalwpp.php v1.5.1 to v1.5.3.

Works great now

Plugin Contributions

Chris can you confirm?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast