Plugin Contributions

help question Removing "Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart® E-Commerce"

Hello,

I want to remove this message ("Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart® E-Commerce") from my home page.

I have searched and can see answers here and in the FAQ on how to change the message in includes/languages/english/index.php but I don't want to change it, I want to delete it (and the welcome guest message), as I want to display rotating images in that part of the front page.

Do I comment out some lines on that page? If so which ones?

Can anyone tell me how I do this please? I am new to php.

Many thanks

Tog

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Removing "Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart® E-Comme

See Similar Threads... Below

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Removing "Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart® E-Comme

Thanks Gilby, but that was not helpful. I have already tried those threads and extensively searched the FAQ files but they only tell how to change the text, not delete it altogether.

The nearest solution I can find is to make the text a blank space, but then it still takes up a line on the page and I don't want that, I just want the whole thing removed.

Regards

Tog

Plugin Contributions

Try removing the space as well
    ie:
    define('HEADING_TITLE', '');

That should take out the line.
    Last edited by gilby; 24 Jul 2014 at 03:23 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I have that but the vertical space is still there. Is there some way I can stop the HEADING_TITLE being called?

Regards

Tog

Plugin Contributions

There is not really a good way to stop HEADING_TITLE from being called, but if you wish to remove the HEADING_TITLE (and the h1) from appearing in the HTML output of a specific page (not sure I would recommend removing these)... This can be done by editing the corresponding HTML template for the page. These are typically found in "/includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/" (in the URL you will notice main_page=xyz; xyz corresponds to the internal name of the Zen Cart page).

For those wishing to make major customizations to the appearance of Zen Cart on their site, I would highly recommend perusing the articles found in the Template Customization section of the FAQ. In addition there are a number of example templates and changes (kindly contributed by other Zen Cart community members) one can review in the Template Packages - Responsive and Template Alterations download sections.

Happy customizing!
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker