Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorize.net SIM Timeout

Dr. Byte, thanks!! .... I am going to look over what you said very carefully and do SOMETHING, just don't know what yet... ha.... As far as my PCI Scans not passing using the AIM module;; I'll have to set sites to AIM, and then run the scan manually to see exactly what they don't like (TrustWave scans automatically every month). When I was trying to get passing certificates, I knew so little about it and spent so much time trying to fix the problems using AIM (without success), I simply switched to SIM and all of the sites passed at that point. At the time, it made my life so much easier that I was satisfied. I'm would imagine that failing has something to do with the plugins, or templates I am using. If you have any suggestions as to what I may test, change, or try to make my response from Authorize.net start working again, I'm all ears. OH,, one more thing.. My SSL certificates have recently renewed. They used to be 256 Bit, and now they're.. Private Key Length: 2048 bits .... Signature Algorithm: SHA-2 .. I wonder if this may have something to do with them not working? Thanks :)

Plugin Contributions

Dr. Byte, when I go to www.mysite.....=checkout_payment,,,, that page is there and looks normal... so I guess it's not gone... Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Hi Johnnycopilot

Do you know what hosting you are using on Godaddy? I am on 2G hosting. The new servers on godaddy are using 5G hosting. Godaddy says that the new servers MAY help some of the issue regarding response time. I do not think that is the main issue at hand.

I spoke with Authorize.net again today and they said that the issue they where having was fixed I informed them that I am still having the same problem. "That I am not getting a confirmation from the Authorize.net server letting my zencart know that the purchase was approved." I am running SIM as well, and I have not tried running AIM. The main reason for me is that I have a lot of add-on from zencart to make the cart look and feel the way the boss wants it. It took a long time to get right and I am still on 1.3.9h, I think to make AIM run for me I would have to change to 1.5.3 and that means a lot of work and down time that I can not afford.

The issue could be in godaddy but I just do not see how. The response from the Authorize.net server to my zencart seams to be the issue, again I get the error message with-in one second of the submission to authorize.net. So other than some odd data block from a goaddy security server "or something like that" I do not know why it would be godaddy.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gokeypa View Post
    I am still on 1.3.9h, I think to make AIM run for me I would have to change to 1.5.3
    AIM has existed in ZC since before v1.3.9h ... so I'm not sure why you'd have to upgrade to v1.5.3 to get AIM support. Granted, there are always bugfixes included in newer versions.

The issue could be in godaddy but I just do not see how. The response from the Authorize.net server to my zencart seams to be the issue, again I get the error message with-in one second of the submission to authorize.net. So other than some odd data block from a goaddy security server "or something like that" I do not know why it would be godaddy.
    Okay, but "when" did this problem "suddenly" start happening?
    What's changed?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

For me I had a purchase on my site on July 24th and it all worked fine. I had a purchase on the 27th in the morning and it failed, and every purchase attempt since has failed as well.

I understand that the AIM has been around for a long time my largest concern was the PCI issue and the setup process of AIM that Johnnycopilot had talked about, and it seamed that the easiest best answer for me was the SIM route. The SIM has been working for me for a couple of years now.

Plugin Contributions

DrByte, you made a comment about the return URL that I found interesting. In my log file I show the return URl should be "https://www.mysites.com/whatever_you_named_your_zencart/index.php?main_page=checkout_process&action=confirm

As it stands now on my authorize.net side I had the return URL blank. I can try putting this in the return URL and see it it works, if you think it would help. but there is one other piece to that and is the receipt method. "Receipt Method
    Specify the method that should be used to render the page that the customer is linked to from the Receipt Page"

should it be LINK, GET or POST?

Plugin Contributions

Ok, just got off the phone with godaddy again, and they are telling me that they have received other calls from clients not using zencart and that are using authorize.net and are on the 5g servers that are getting the same issue.

I have also tried adding the Default Relay Response URL, and that did not work either.

DrByte I did not mean to fly over your comment about godaddy, I am not a large supporter of goaddy, but I just do not think that this time it is their issue.

Please if you have more info I would love to hear about it. I have a large promo starting in a couple of days and I am sweating a little.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

but there is one other piece to that and is the receipt method. "Receipt Method
    Specify the method that should be used to render the page that the customer is linked to from the Receipt Page"

should it be LINK, GET or POST?
    Hmmmm. I've never had to mess with that setting. I'd suggest POST.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

gokeypa,,, I'm on the 'old' servers. They told me the same thing. They literally don't seem to have a clue about anything technical.. I don't see how it can't be GoDaddy... nobody else has changed anything I don't believe... As far as the AIM method...... I had an eCommerce business years ago, and that's all we used. Customers like that better, rather than 'leaving' the website. My current Processor company uses TrustWave, and Trustwave sees to be the best and easiest company, that I have used for certification. oh, and my bank processor doesn't charge me for the Trustwave account. The company I have my retail merchant acct. with gives me 180 days to become compliant before they charge me for non-compliance, so I have never had a non-compliance charge with them. I LOVE them - IM me if you want to know who they are.. they are great!! no hidden fees, cheap, honest, and do what they say they will do, and they are NOT sneaky. I've had around 10 retail merchant accounts over the years (with various businesses), and these people, by far, are the best and most honest I've ever had.. Switching to, and using AIM is very easy.. Just change your two .configure files (one in yoursite/admin/includes folder and one in yoursite/includes folder to the proper settings [an added 'true' in a place or two and and added 's' in a few places], hit the install button on the AIM module, copy and paste the settings from your SIM module, and that's it (you'll have to change your folder settings to write, and then put them back to read only when you mess with your .configure files). If your site doesn't pass the scan, and your processor says anything to you about it, they should give you time to get a passing certificate before they charge you. Anyway, for the time being, that's what I have done.. until I figure this problem out.... Hopefully I can figure out how to pass with the AIM, and leave it like that..... never liked the SIM anyway.. If you already knew how to configure the AIM module, sorry, wasn't trying to sound like a know-it-all...
    Last edited by Johnnycopilot; 29 Jul 2014 at 08:52 PM.

Plugin Contributions

So are you saying that you just left authorize.net then switched to the new processor, and are using AIM? I was thinking about still using authorize.net for now, and try using AIM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast