Plugin Contributions

Default How can I set up a "Contact Us For Shipping Cost" Zone

We are using Per Weight Unit Shipping with 3 zones in the U.S. The Shipping Estimator for these zones works fine. We would like to set it up so that if a user outside the U.S. uses the Shipping Estimator they will see a "Contact Us For Shipping Cost" message rather than seeing nothing under "Available Shipping Methods"

My initial thought was to set up a zone with all locations other than the U.S. and set it to show the message but I'm not sure how to do this or if it is possible. I appreciate any thoughts or suggestions on how we can implement this.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How can I set up a "Contact Us For Shipping Cost" Zone

Quote Originally Posted by runawayd View Post
    We are using Per Weight Unit Shipping with 3 zones in the U.S. The Shipping Estimator for these zones works fine. We would like to set it up so that if a user outside the U.S. uses the Shipping Estimator they will see a "Contact Us For Shipping Cost" message rather than seeing nothing under "Available Shipping Methods"

My initial thought was to set up a zone with all locations other than the U.S. and set it to show the message but I'm not sure how to do this or if it is possible. I appreciate any thoughts or suggestions on how we can implement this.
    What I would probably do is: make a duplicate of the store pickup shipping module (in the core) and make it say something like" contact us for your rate". FYI that would allow someone to checkout

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How can I set up a "Contact Us For Shipping Cost" Zone

I guess that would do the trick for the Shipping Estimator but, as you said, the buyer would be able to checkout with $0 for shipping which is not ideal.

I have to believe that other Zen Cart users have a similar situation where they have established shipping rates for one part of the world and quote shipping for other parts of the world. How do you handle this?