Plugin Contributions

cart error Zero balance checkout problem

In testing my cart today, I gave myself a gift certificate balance to buy with. The percentage off calculates perfectly. The reward points calculate perfectly, but when the cart has a zero balance after GC and RP, the cart still takes me to PayPal to finalize the order, and PP loses its mind over the fact that the balance is zero and tells me I need a positive balance to finish checking out. If you opt out of PP, you don't complete the purchase and cannot download the product. The only way to force it through is to leave 1 cent as balance and check out with a positive balance. Has anyone else encountered this difficulty? If so, how did you get around it? Do I need to add another payment option on the store? Is there a patch to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DML

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zero balance checkout problem

If you want to allow zero-balance checkouts, simply turn on the FreeCharger module.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, but that's not the problem. Free Charger is already turned on. I just checked.

DML

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I just did a brand new fresh install of v1.5.1, with demo data for simplicity of having a product to test checkout with, turned on PayPal Express Checkout by entering credentials, then created a gift certificate and sent it to myself. Going through checkout allows me to use that gift certificate to reduce my balance to zero, which then automatically bypassed collecting any payment ... it just took me directly to the checkout-success page. No attempt to hit PayPal at all, because the balance was zero.

Maybe there's a problem with your Reward Points module?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Maybe there's a problem with your Reward Points module?
    Entirely possible, but NO ONE has answered me on that thread to help me figure out what might be wrong. In specific, I can't see the portion of the reward points/store credit module that should show in admin>customers. I don't know if it's applying points to the accounts correctly yet. We've just made our first few sales, and without that interface, I can't see what points are on accounts and check it against purchases.

DML

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DMLyons View Post
    Entirely possible, but NO ONE has answered me on that thread to help me figure out what might be wrong. In specific, I can't see the portion of the reward points/store credit module that should show in admin>customers. I don't know if it's applying points to the accounts correctly yet. We've just made our first few sales, and without that interface, I can't see what points are on accounts and check it against purchases.
    Okay, according to my test run, it's NOT applying the points to the accounts at all, as far as I can see. That answered that question.

DML

Plugin Contributions

Don't ask me what I changed, but it suddenly started working. I wasn't even working on that system. I was working on banners and gift certificates, and suddenly zero balance check out started working. Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

DML