Plugin Contributions

Default Contact Us emails not arriving

The cart is otherwise working perfectly, but the default form on the contact page isn't working. When you fill out the fields it gives you a confirmation that the email has been sent but nothing shows up on the other end.

So far I have tried sending to both a gmail account and another webmail account. Nothing.

I have tried the regular PHP delivery method as well as the smtp auth method. Nothing.

This is on version 1.5.1, any ideas on what to try next?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Contact Us emails not arriving

Are the other emails going out, like your order confirmation, new account, reset password etc. Is it being declined to a single domain. In your cpanel look at Email Trace, anything there? is it in your spam folder? When you look into the email archive (if it's installed) does it show there? any errors in your error log?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bislewl View Post
    Are the other emails going out, like your order confirmation, new account, reset password etc. Is it being declined to a single domain. In your cpanel look at Email Trace, anything there? is it in your spam folder? When you look into the email archive (if it's installed) does it show there? any errors in your error log?
    All other emails are going through as they should. It's just the ones inputted in the form on the contact us page that aren't.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It's rare that switching to SMTPAUTH wouldn't resolve such symptoms.
    Is it possible that you've NOT left the 'Contact Us Pulldown' option blank, but instead have entered an invalid list of destination email addresses that don't match the prescribed format (as explained in the description next to that setting)? Leaving it blank normally rules out and eliminates that problem at least as a good test.

Other guidance for troubleshooting non-arrival problems can be found here:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Email_Problems
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Of_Lost_Emails

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I don't know if this will work for you, but it sure did for me. I also tried all the different email settings to no avail, then I got the brilliant idea of strictly following the suggested format in the Set "Contact Us" Email Dropdown List setting. I entered it as Phil<[email protected]>, and lo and behold, my Contact Us form is now working! After simply following the instructions, I am amazed at how much time and agony I spent trying to fiddle with all the other knobs and dials!

Hope this helps you!

Phil

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Phil, I have been working on Contact Us all day and could not get it to work. I entered my email in the drop dlylyown with the<> but did not add a name. After adding a name it works.
    Billy