Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Customer's credit card is charged, but order isn't showing up in admin

Hi there

A customer purchased an item, their credit card was charged, and we got paid.

However, the order itself isn't in my admin under Customers -->Orders

(There is a record of the customer under Customer-->Customer, but not the order itself.)

We only realized this because the customer wrote us, having never received the stuff.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!
    Mike

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer's credit card is charged, but order isn't showing up in admin

Some more information would be helpful ...

How did they pay?
    What payment modules do you have installed?
    Which one did they use?
    Did they get an email from your store?
    What order number as assigned to them from your store (in their email)?
    In the admin orders screen is there an order number missing, which would correspond to their order? If so, click on one of the existing orders and change the oID= in the browser URL bar to be the missing order number. Does that show that customer and their order?
    What addons/plugins have you installed?
    In your admin, click the "Version" link in the top right of the menu bar. What PHP and MySQL version does it say you're using?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer's credit card is charged, but order isn't showing up in admin

Thanks for the response DrByte - and your patience; I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

* They paid with credit card.

* There are three modules: 1, the payment gateway (Authorize.net); under Modules it has a green circle and the Orders Status is Pending. 2, Check/Money order; the Order Status for that is "default"
    And 3. Ceon Manual Card v.2.2.2 has a yellow circle and is "Processing" under Orders Status

* The customer used a MasterCard for their purchase.

* They got an email from us ("Thank You For You order!" with order information, billing and shipping information, and transaction ID, etc.)

* The identifying #s they were assigned in their email were: Customer ID and Transaction ID. This customer ID and the customer appears under Customers --> Customers in Zencart. However, the customer's name and order doesn't appear on Customers --> Orders.

* In the admin orders screen there is no missing order that would correspond. For example, there were no order totals that matched the "missing" order.

* I don't believe we have any add ons or plugins; but if we didn't, I'm (sadly) not sure how to check.

* I'm using
    Database: MySQL 5.1.56-log and PHP Version: 5.4.20 (Zend: 2.4.0) ## PHP Memory Limit: 90M

Lastly, I asked a customer about their experience and they said: The books remained in my basket on the website where they still remain, yet my credit card was charged and I received a notice.

In other words, the products remained in the customer's basket but the card was charged.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

hi... still lost in the sauce on this one... can anyone help?

did some more digging and it seems like the problem involves "time outs." here's what one customer said:

>>"Upon checking out and entering my credit card information I keep getting redirected to a page saying I've time out of my order. I tried twice to order the product and each time was redirected to the time out page."

??

Any help you can provide this sleepy nonprofit bookstore would be greatly appreciated!

-m

Plugin Contributions

What payment method is being used?

This is possibly also related to session settings. Does it happen when you try it? Different browsers tried, etc.?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    What payment method is being used?
    Already answered above.....

Can you give us a link to your site?

Which template are you using? Is the template of commercial nature?

Plugin Contributions

thanks everybody.

The link to the site is: store.henr ymill er.org

The customers have been using credit cards. As for the template, I'm not sure; we just used one of the default templates, I believe.

Thanks again!
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

It's the Classic Zencart template. I created an account and got to the Confirm Order page without entering (or being given an opportunity to enter) a credit card number, so I don't know how your customers are doing so. I'd guess you haven't installed the Manual Credit Card module properly, which might be a good thing since you shouldn't use it anyway for security reasons. I'd recommend the library create a Paypal account (free to set up) and use Paypal Express.

Plugin Contributions

Steve

Thanks for the tip!! The Library already has a paypal account, which is a relief. How would you suggest i get Zencart to interface with Paypal?

Thanks!!!
    mike

Plugin Contributions

The Paypal Express module is built in to Admin - Modules - Payment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast