Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Worldpay module for 1.5.x is there one and where can I get it?

Hi bit of a newbie here. Paypal have been a pain and so we want to add Worldpay but I can only find reference to a version 1.3.x series.
    Any hints would be much appreciated.Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Worldpay module for 1.5.x is there one and where can I get it?

It appears it may work with 1.5.X. Here's the support thread:

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...Support-thread

Plugin Contributions

What PayPal option have you been trying to use? PayPal Express generally does not have issues, although as various servers upgrade their filtering and security there have been temporary outages of CURL to/from PayPal.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Hi stevesh thanks for reply I will give it a try.

Hi mc12345678 thanks for reply. The problems with Paypal is they made changes a month or two back and now they want to charge us an extra £30 a month just so we can run it the way it was (Paypay now forces people to open an account after 3 transactions). This has lost us a number of customers and in their arrogance they will not change back.
    Also many people want nothing to do with Paypal so we want to allow them to have a choice.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by veronicathecow View Post
    Hi stevesh thanks for reply I will give it a try.

Hi mc12345678 thanks for reply. The problems with Paypal is they made changes a month or two back and now they want to charge us an extra £30 a month just so we can run it the way it was (Paypay now forces people to open an account after 3 transactions). This has lost us a number of customers and in their arrogance they will not change back.
    Also many people want nothing to do with Paypal so we want to allow them to have a choice.
    Wow! Thank you for that information. Any indication that those changes are only UK/european and do they affect all levels of usage? (Ie, 3 purchases through express as well?)

Plugin Contributions

Hi mc12345678 we are using Paypal Express checkout at https://www.honestycosmetics.co.uk

We got an email in May this year from a customer and it was the first we had heard of it!

"I have been an Honesty customer for years and always been very pleased with
    both the products and the service.
    I am now disappointed to find that in order to pay by card when ordering on
    the internet , customers are being forced to create a PayPal account. If
    this is the case I will have to take my business elsewhere as I will only
    create an account if I have chosen to do so.
    I look forward to your reply."

Paypal replied
    "Dear, Thank you for contacting PayPal regarding Guest Checkout on your website.
    I understand your concern, I apologise for any inconvenience that has been caused to you and your business in regards to the changes in PayPal Policy for Website Payments Standard.
    I am sorry to hear that you are thinking of leaving us, and would encourage you look into our Website Payments Pro option further before you make your decision.
    You can find out more by visiting https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/pro.
    I again apologise for any inconvenience caused, and wish you continued success in the future.
    Thank you for your time. Yours sincerely, PayPal "

So basically they now want to charge us an extra £30/month or they will force all our customers to create a Paypal account after the third purchase. I don't know what areas this covers other than the UK but I hope this info helps

The worldpay module may work but as it has not been maintained for a few years and the author has left the community (It says philip_clarke Suspended on the forum) so I will be looking at other options so will ask on the forum.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by veronicathecow View Post
    Hi mc12345678 we are using Paypal Express checkout at https://www.honestycosmetics.co.uk

We got an email in May this year from a customer and it was the first we had heard of it!

"I have been an Honesty customer for years and always been very pleased with
    both the products and the service.
    I am now disappointed to find that in order to pay by card when ordering on
    the internet , customers are being forced to create a PayPal account. If
    this is the case I will have to take my business elsewhere as I will only
    create an account if I have chosen to do so.
    I look forward to your reply."

Paypal replied
    "Dear, Thank you for contacting PayPal regarding Guest Checkout on your website.
    I understand your concern, I apologise for any inconvenience that has been caused to you and your business in regards to the changes in PayPal Policy for Website Payments Standard.
    I am sorry to hear that you are thinking of leaving us, and would encourage you look into our Website Payments Pro option further before you make your decision.
    You can find out more by visiting https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/pro.
    I again apologise for any inconvenience caused, and wish you continued success in the future.
    Thank you for your time. Yours sincerely, PayPal "

So basically they now want to charge us an extra £30/month or they will force all our customers to create a Paypal account after the third purchase. I don't know what areas this covers other than the UK but I hope this info helps

The worldpay module may work but as it has not been maintained for a few years and the author has left the community (It says philip_clarke Suspended on the forum) so I will be looking at other options so will ask on the forum.
    Thank you for the clarification. I will need to review received correspondence and see if our organization needs to make a similar move.

Regarding the suspended individual, it is my guess that the suspension is for some reason or another rather than just deciding to leave.

All of the plugins hosted here are able to be modified by anyone and reposted with corrections and modifications. Ideally if a plugin doesn't work and it is repaired by someone else then it would be provided back to the community and that if a plugin continues to work without further modification then more than likely nothing will be done for it. I say this because it may be that the plugin is still good for more recent carts even though it is not advertised as such.

Plugin Contributions

Hi mc12345678, thanks for the reply. Wish I had the skills to alter the plugin. What worries me is security issues.
    WorldPay were no real help and sent me some info "As discussed in order to integrate your website to WorldPay you have the option of either using Xencart or by coding the integration yourselves"
    What is most disturbing about the Paypal issue is that it was losing us customers for a while before we knew there was a problem.
    We are looking at other options to replace / add to Paypal checkout and would welcome any thoughts.

Plugin Contributions

Did you try asking PayPal if they would waive part or all of the fixed monthly charges if you start using Website Payments Pro in addition to PayPal Express?

Depending upon the payment volume processed, you may be surprised. You must call and speak with an account manager because the email representatives do not have any authority to make such decisions.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

RixStix Thanks for that I will give them a bell
    Cheers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast