Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default fresh installing v153, importing DB from v151: Your database appears to need patching

I was hacked and my zencart folder was completely emptied. So I've done a a fresh install of v153.

My previous zencart version was v151.

Now I come to import the DB (fortunately that wasn't hacked.)

It successfully imports, but zencart shows this warning: Your database appears to need patching to a higher level. See Admin->Tools->Server Information to review patch levels.

The DB version is: Database Patch Level: 1.5.1

What should I do please?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: fresh installing v153, importing DB from v151: Your database appears to need patc

Quote Originally Posted by tpeck View Post
    I was hacked and my zencart folder was completely emptied. So I've done a a fresh install of v153.

My previous zencart version was v151.

Now I come to import the DB (fortunately that wasn't hacked.)

It successfully imports, but zencart shows this warning: Your database appears to need patching to a higher level. See Admin->Tools->Server Information to review patch levels.

The DB version is: Database Patch Level: 1.5.1

What should I do please?
    In a way you have completed step 7 of the following: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...pgrade-my-site

But, it would be helpful to know what instructions you are using to perform this fresh install/database upgrade. I can likely tell you what would be expected as the next step; however, it ideally would be good for you to confirm that you have completed the previous steps.

Also, what has been done to prevent the hack again? Have you changed your ftp username (if able) and password? What has the host indicated as the method used to perform the file deletion that occurred?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: fresh installing v153, importing DB from v151: Your database appears to need patc

Thanks for replying. Yes, the hack was extraordinary. About 20 directories all the files wiped out - obviously automatic because about 4 million page hits. I have changed my host. I can't take the risk of it being their side. Of course, it could be me fault; I'll never know.

I didn't quite do the steps you showed me. I did this:

a) made a new DB
    b) installed fresh v153
    c) added a custom template (from an old v139 backup)
    d) imported the v151 DB into the new DB

..and got the warning. Not sure if I should have installed a 151 version instead of the latest.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for replying. Yes, the hack was extraordinary. About 20 directories all the files wiped out - obviously automatic because about 4 million page hits. I have changed my host. I can't take the risk of it being their side. Of course, it could be me fault; I'll never know.

I didn't quite do the steps you showed me. I did this:

a) made a new DB
    b) installed fresh v153
    c) added a custom template (from an old v139 backup)
    d) imported the v151 DB into the new DB

..and got the warning. Not sure if I should have installed a 151 version instead of the latest.
    Well, makes things easier for you (if real problems arise) if you do one or the other (move or upgrade). Right now you're kind of doing both...

As you see the next step is to update the database through the use of the zc_install... Your dmin directory needs to be renamed (if already changed) to admin in order for the upgrade of the database to occur. (I think) and it's because of my now uncertainty that it is suggested to do one or the other.

You will need to also do aa comparison of your template to the default version of the files to ensure that the template operates properly. (Statement made because I don't glean from the information provided that such an action has occurred.)

Plugin Contributions

OK. I changed the admin name back to admin and attempted to upgrade the DB from zc_install. But the browser just went to a white page. So I guess something went wrong.

Plugin Contributions

OK. I changed the admin name back to admin and attempted to upgrade the DB from zc_install. But the browser just went to a white page. So I guess something went wrong.
    The install process generates a log in the logs folder. See if there is an error in the log files and perhaps where the action(s) failed.

Plugin Contributions

I'm still getting nowhere - but thanks for all the pointers.

What I am now doing is fresh installing 1.5.3 and rebuilding from scratch. BUT I still want to start with importing the only database I still have - which is v1.5.1.

My question now is how do I best go about importing the DB? I can do it in phpadmin, but, of course, it isn't the correct version. OR I can use the zc_install, I suppose, except that the new host advised me to install zencart 1.5.3 on their server using Installtron or some such thing, which I did and I have a bare bones version now going.

Which is the best approach do you think?

Plugin Contributions

I'm still getting nowhere - but thanks for all the pointers.

What I am now doing is fresh installing 1.5.3 and rebuilding from scratch. BUT I still want to start with importing the only database I still have - which is v1.5.1.

My question now is how do I best go about importing the DB? I can do it in phpadmin, but, of course, it isn't the correct version. OR I can use the zc_install, I suppose, except that the new host advised me to install zencart 1.5.3 on their server using Installtron or some such thing, which I did and I have a bare bones version now going.

Which is the best approach do you think?
    They may have advised to use their auto-installer, but those of ZC highly discourage it. Usually, because once installed modifications to personalize the store tend to result in issues. The instructions provided above are one of a good set to install or upgrade.

To keep the previous database records you will in some sense end up with the same condition of having to upgrade the database using zc_install.

Personally, if the route to install zc 1.5.3 was an autoinstaller, I would make note of the settings in the configure.php files/copy them to a local computer, remove the auto-installed zc 1.5.3 files, download the latest zc version from http://www.zen-cart.com/getit (believe it is still 1.5.3 hotfix 1), apply any changes found at: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...s)-with-v1-5-3 applicable to the install package, do the install using the settings that were in the configure.php file reviewed above, this will put you at a ZC installed version of the software not a onestep click who knows what they changed installation.

Then basically move through instructions related to upgrading the database.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks mc12345678, I took your advice and re-installed. Now I am at the point where I am attempting to upgrade the DB but getting an error:

[01-Oct-2014 03:16:53 UTC] PHP Warning: require_once(/home/aapressc/public_html/zencart/../includes/classes/vendors/password_compat-master/lib/password.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aapressc/public_html/zencart/includes/classes/class.zcPassword.php on line 52
    [01-Oct-2014 03:16:53 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/aapressc/public_html/zencart/../includes/classes/vendors/password_compat-master/lib/password.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/aapressc/public_html/zencart/includes/classes/class.zcPassword.php on line 52
    Line 52 is:
    require_once (DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'vendors/password_compat-master/lib/password.php');
    ...and password.php does exist at vendors/password_compat-master/lib/password.php, so I am stumped.

What should I try?

Plugin Contributions

I FIXED IT!

What I had to do was DELETE the existing DB in Control Panel phpadmin (the 1.5.3 DB into which I had imported my 1.5.1 backup DB).

Then create a new DB in phpadmin and import the 1.5.1 backup DB into that.

Then make sure admin folder was named "admin" and zc_install was uploaded.

After that the DB upgrade worked!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast