Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: fresh installing v153, importing DB from v151: Your database appears to need patc

Congratulations!!! By delete you mean completely remove all indications of the database to then create a completely new database? Dropping all of the tables didn't work? (This action removes all of the data inside of the database but keeps the outer shell of the database intact.)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: fresh installing v153, importing DB from v151: Your database appears to need patc

Thanks! Yes, I completely removed the DB (in Control Panel: MySQL Databases - Delete). I didn't try dropping all the tables. It could be the outer shell was causing the problem; I'll never know. But the method I tried was successful.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tpeck View Post
    Thanks! Yes, I completely removed the DB (in Control Panel: MySQL Databases - Delete). I didn't try dropping all the tables. It could be the outer shell was causing the problem; I'll never know. But the method I tried was successful.
    Nope, certainly won't, and no need to specifically try. :)

I will give you that it could have been the outer shell or some process that was monitoring the whole thing considering it was an autoinstall. The expectation though if/when following the upgrade instructions would have been to at least drop the tables before uploading the old database.

Congrats though, happy zenning! :)

Plugin Contributions

For the sake of accuracy, this was not the autoinstall - I followed your advice and started the installation again. And I'll remember to drop the tables in future! Thanks a lot for all your help.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for keeping me and others reading this straight. I made an assumption that the previously existing database was reused, not that a new database was created as part of the proper install performed using the ZC site available software.

Keep up the good work and support!

Plugin Contributions

Hi.
    I have come to this thread in my searches for something similar.
    If I upload on the server the z.c.1.5.3. version and I try to make a fresh install on a z.c.1.3.9. database I will not have the "Upgrade" button during the installation and if I proceed I will end up with a new empty database.
    But instead, deleting the new empty database, and creating a new one with the exact name (just like tpeck did) and importing again the 1.3.9. database and then running again zc_install I'll get the "Upgrade" button during the installation.
    Short said: I get to upgrade the db from 1.3.9. to 1.5.3. after running the second time the zc_install on a 1.3.9. database.

My intention is to install a fresh new 1.5.3.z.c. and then import the old 1.3.9. db into it. I want to start over with the new version, but keep only the db. All this first on a test site. After all customisation I will install it on the live store.
    I don't know whether I do something wrong or this is how it is supposed to work.
    When I'll be ready to install it on the live site, will I have to install it twice like now, on the test site?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mario75 View Post
    Hi.
    I have come to this thread in my searches for something similar.
    If I upload on the server the z.c.1.5.3. version and I try to make a fresh install on a z.c.1.3.9. database I will not have the "Upgrade" button during the installation and if I proceed I will end up with a new empty database.
    But instead, deleting the new empty database, and creating a new one with the exact name (just like tpeck did) and importing again the 1.3.9. database and then running again zc_install I'll get the "Upgrade" button during the installation.
    Short said: I get to upgrade the db from 1.3.9. to 1.5.3. after running the second time the zc_install on a 1.3.9. database.

My intention is to install a fresh new 1.5.3.z.c. and then import the old 1.3.9. db into it. I want to start over with the new version, but keep only the db. All this first on a test site. After all customisation I will install it on the live store.
    I don't know whether I do something wrong or this is how it is supposed to work.
    When I'll be ready to install it on the live site, will I have to install it twice like now, on the test site?
    For an upgrade of the database only when using brand new files, yes basically will run zc_install twice unless you're able to create your own configure.php file that fully addresses all of the necessary aspects. If you can do that or reuse an existing configure.php file that is properly setup for the store's conditions then zc_install is only needed to update the database information from the old store.

See: http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12