Plugin Contributions

Default Strange ZC email behavior

Hi I am seeing a strange email behavior and I was wondering if anyone can help me. When "I" my self am testing the checkout on my site, I do not get an order confirmation as the customer nor do I get an order notification as the admin. I called my host godaddy assuming that this was an issue on their side. I had the rep run through the checkout process and he actually received a new account notice and an order confirmation. I again did not receive anything on the admin side. I went back and submitted several more test sales "still I receive nothing". I searched all through my mail account and there is nothing filtering the those incoming emails. Also, the account that I use to test is not the same as the account used on the admin side. Can anyone shed some light on this.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Strange ZC email behavior

Figured someone would have run into issue besides me. I'm still seeing the problem with no clue as to what is wrong. I even setup a valid address within my hosting account [email protected], then I plugged that into the zc admin email settings section. Specifically I added the new address to this section "Send Copy of Order Confirmation Emails To - [email protected]". My customers are getting their email like they should now but the admin side still gets nothing zc1.39h. Please help

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Could be several things:

a) Sometimes when an email like "anything@your_domain.com" isn't arriving to "@your_domain.com" mailboxes it's because the mailserver is rejecting it for authentication reasons. In this case using SMTPAUTH and supplying correct SMTP credentials will resolve it. Sometimes also turning the "Must send as known domain" on or off might help (the default is On, and shouldn't be changed unless it's the only solution to rare problems).

b) More reasons for email not arriving: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Email_Problems
    and
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Of_Lost_Emails

c) There've been lots of bugs fixed since 2010 when v1.3.9h was released ... and some of them related to email.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Resolved...! the issue was caused by a change that yahoo made (http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...setting-is-set). Basically I had to setup a true email address on my host godaddy account and forward all the mail from the hosted email address to my yahoo account using smtpauth. Why am I so stuck on using a yahoo address you ask? Because we are very entrenched in our yahoo address since we have been using it since 2004. Hopefully they way that I have it setup it should look like we are mailing from the domain address to most people. Thanks for your help everyone...!

On another note the godaddy rep was so surprised that I was using Zencart. Said that he's been working there for 5 years and has never seen anyone get it working. Told him that's because people are afraid to roll up their sleeves, and expect everything to be done for them. I laughed......