Plugin Contributions

Default Migrate users from different e-commerce solution

I have an aged .NET based e-commerce solution which has about 25-30 active users. I would like to move them into Zen Cart without them having to register again.

Upon looking at the database, what stands out so far that looks like it definitely requires data are the customers and customers_info tables.

Can anyone confirm if I just move in data to the columns in these tables, that will be all that needs to be done? Or, if there are more places that need data?

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Migrate users from different e-commerce solution

Edit: I also see that the address_book table has customer data.

Does anyone know where I can find the SQL query that runs when a new customer is registered to view where it puts all the customer data?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Part of the problem is that Zencart hashes passwords, so you won't be able to just copy those over anyway.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    Part of the problem is that Zencart hashes passwords, so you won't be able to just copy those over anyway.
    Yes, I am wondering what will happen if I import all the data without anything in the password column. Will they just need to set a password or will it have some kind of error that will prevent this process from working, etc?

Could I simply create a dummy user with the password of something like, "changeme12345" and see how it stores it in the database and just populate the entire column of users passwords with that value and they can change it from there?
    Last edited by jokkah; 26 Sep 2014 at 09:29 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jokkah View Post
    Yes, I am wondering what will happen if I import all the data without anything in the password column. Will they just need to set a password or will it have some kind of error that will prevent this process from working, etc?

Could I simply create a dummy user with the password of something like, "changeme12345" and see how it stores it in the database and just populate the entire column of users passwords with that value and they can change it from there?
    I tested and it does work. I can just get the stored password hash value of a dummy password and update all the users to that password and they can authenticate and change themselves.