Plugin Contributions

help question Change Shipping Modules

Hi There,

I'm brand spanking new to Zen Cart (which seems awesome) and am NOT a programmer. The shipping modules needs to do a few things and I can't figure out how to do it:
    1. Some items will ship USPS Priority Mail
    2. Others require cold pack shipping and will only be mailed via UPS overnight

How can I set this up so that the proper shipping amounts are charged to the correct product categories? I would really like to avoid setting up the shipping rates by item (and using the weight section as the shipping charges) due to the amount of items to sell and then needing to update each individual item when shipping rates change (which seems to be often).

The other thing I can't figure out is how to set up the base rate for each shipping method noted above, and then adding only incremental fees, as needed (based upon weight?) for additional items purchased? My fear is that if I charge the full shipping rate for each item, customers won't want to buy as the total cost will become too high.

For any instructions, please, please, please keep in mind that I am not a programmer and need step-by-step instructions. Cloning and such makes my head want to implode.

Thank you, thank you for any help you can provide. It is greatly appreciated.

Melissa

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Change Shipping Modules

On the Products that require the UPS and cold pack shipping, are all of the Products in 1 category or in several categories? Are the Category or Categories the master_categories_id for the Product?

How are you wanting to determine the additional charges for the Cold Pack shipping?

Example:
    if 1 Product is in the cart that requires the UPS with cold pack shipping?

if 2 Product is in the cart that requires the UPS with cold pack shipping?

if 3 Product is in the cart that requires the UPS with cold pack shipping?

When the Cart is mixed Products and you have Products without the cold pack shipping and Products with the cold pack shipping does the UPS calculate the shipping correctly except for the cold pack shipping?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!