Plugin Contributions

Default Can't sign in Admin from 1&1

I installed Zen Cart from 1&1 and get to the Admin sign in page. It will not take sign in information just loops back to sign in. Tried changing or "Forgot Password" but received no email that sends link to reset. I have tried clearing cookies and cache, rebooting computer as other posts suggested but still nothing. I tried using Firefox, Chrome, and Explorer but receive the same results. 1&1 is no help in resolving this matter.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't sign in Admin from 1&1

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Davis View Post
    I installed Zen Cart from 1&1 and get to the Admin sign in page. It will not take sign in information just loops back to sign in. Tried changing or "Forgot Password" but received no email that sends link to reset. I have tried clearing cookies and cache, rebooting computer as other posts suggested but still nothing. I tried using Firefox, Chrome, and Explorer but receive the same results. 1&1 is no help in resolving this matter.
    So, that is an indication that the version offered by the site is not fully compatible. In fact, review of this site would discourage the use of what seemms to have been a one-click install of the store. An official copy can be obtained from http://www.zen-cart.com/getit (address at the bottom of the home page of this website.)

Now that said, there are a few ways to progress from that point. The soundest would beto simply follow the instructions provided in the documentation of the download which would direct a clean install with a new database and all of the files associated with ZenCart, untouched/unmodified. The process is relatively easy, and if there are additional issues, then the forum is always available.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Also, it looks like the version of Zen Cart that 1&1 is installing is v1.5.1 (which you don't want). Follow mc12345678's advice, and download the most recent (v1.5.3 + bugfixes). Make a copy of the current /includes/configure.php file since that will have the file- and database-related definitions that you need, then FTP the v1.5.3 files to your site and run the installer.

Any idea what version of PHP they've got you running?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Also, it looks like the version of Zen Cart that 1&1 is installing is v1.5.1 (which you don't want). Follow mc12345678's advice, and download the most recent (v1.5.3 + bugfixes). Make a copy of the current /includes/configure.php file since that will have the file- and database-related definitions that you need, then FTP the v1.5.3 files to your site and run the installer.

Any idea what version of PHP they've got you running?
    Got it working, Thanks all!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Davis View Post
    Got it working, Thanks all!
    And for others who have the same problem as you had and find this thread.
    Your solution was to....?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gilby View Post
    And for others who have the same problem as you had and find this thread.
    Your solution was to....?
    I took mc12345678's advice and loaded the most current version, after following the instructions on renaming and changing the file & directory's attributes to 777.
    Thanks again for the help!