Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Descriptions disappearing after flashing visible

I am trying to install a fresh version of 1.5.3 and then add my current products to this new cart. I am using Responsive Sheffield Blue, as i started adding products, all was fine. I installed Watcheezy, but decided to remove it - which i did manually. As I was adding more items today I noticed the descriptions of ALL products would flash visible for an instant, then disappear.

Not sure if it had anything to do with the Watcheezy removal or if some of the html code in a description has caused it. This is an example of a description I uploaded today

<table style="margin-top: 20px;">
    <tr>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2" class="prod-detail-bt">
    <div class="prod-detail-desc"><p>The MotoTec Pocket Bike is the ultimate kid or adult ride! Great for driveway and parking lot fun, cruise around cones and speed through trails with ease. Comes standard with front &amp; rear disc brakes and large 11 inch pneumatic street tires.</p>
    <p>SAFETY FIRST - ALWAYS WEAR YOUR HELMET AND ALL SAFETY EQUIPMENT and observe safe riding rules!!!</p>
    <div>Specs:</div>
    <div>&nbsp;</div>
    <div>Motor: 33cc 2-Stroke, Air Cooled, EPA Approved<br />Engine Start: Pull Start<br />Gas Tank: 1.25 liters<br />Cruising Range: 20 miles per tank<br />Fuel/Oil: Unleaded / 2-stroke Oil 32:1<br />Transmission: Centrifugal (chain drive)<br />Pocket Bike Size: L=38in, W=20in, H=22in
    <div>Seat Height: 18in<br />Recommended Age: 13+<br />Max Rider Weight: 170 lbs<br />Frame: Steel<br />Tires: 90/65-6.5 Pneumatic (11 inch)<br />Brakes: 1 disc front, 1 disc rear<br />Frame: Ridged<br />Throttle: Variable twist-grip<br />Seat: Padded (single rider)<br />Handlebars: Angle Adjustable, Not Height<br />Assembly Required: Yes<br />Box Size: 43x15x24 inches<br />Box Weight: 50 lbs<br />Product decoration and specifications subject to change without notice.<br />Warranty: 30 days parts replacement</div>
    </div>
    <div>&nbsp;</div>
    <div><span style="color: #ff0000;">No California or Canada Sales</span></div></div>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Descriptions disappearing after flashing visible

I have just removed all <table> commands and still no better

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by johnniejetski View Post
    I have just removed all <table> commands and still no better
    At least two things. Had you ever seen your description fully provided while using this template? Have you tried using the default template to see if the problem persists there? Being familiar with the particular template, have you applied the patches to it that are referenced frequently in the template's thread after original discovery? Typical display of information problems may be suited to the template's thread when it applies to products specifically, sometimes not,but in this case I would say that it is definitely a known template issue.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I am trying to install a fresh version of 1.5.3 and then add my current products to this new cart. I am using Responsive Sheffield Blue, as i started adding products, all was fine. I installed Watcheezy, but decided to remove it - which i did manually. As I was adding more items today I noticed the descriptions of ALL products would flash visible for an instant, then disappear.

Not sure if it had anything to do with the Watcheezy removal or if some of the html code in a description has caused it. This is an example of a description I uploaded today

<table style="margin-top: 20px;">
    <tr>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2" class="prod-detail-bt">
    <div class="prod-detail-desc"><p>The MotoTec Pocket Bike is the ultimate kid or adult ride! Great for driveway and parking lot fun, cruise around cones and speed through trails with ease. Comes standard with front & rear disc brakes and large 11 inch pneumatic street tires.</p>
    <p>SAFETY FIRST - ALWAYS WEAR YOUR HELMET AND ALL SAFETY EQUIPMENT and observe safe riding rules!!!</p>
    <div>Specs:</div>
    <div>##</div>
    <div>Motor: 33cc 2-Stroke, Air Cooled, EPA Approved<br />Engine Start: Pull Start<br />Gas Tank: 1.25 liters<br />Cruising Range: 20 miles per tank<br />Fuel/Oil: Unleaded / 2-stroke Oil 32:1<br />Transmission: Centrifugal (chain drive)<br />Pocket Bike Size: L=38in, W=20in, H=22in
    <div>Seat Height: 18in<br />Recommended Age: 13+<br />Max Rider Weight: 170 lbs<br />Frame: Steel<br />Tires: 90/65-6.5 Pneumatic (11 inch)<br />Brakes: 1 disc front, 1 disc rear<br />Frame: Ridged<br />Throttle: Variable twist-grip<br />Seat: Padded (single rider)<br />Handlebars: Angle Adjustable, Not Height<br />Assembly Required: Yes<br />Box Size: 43x15x24 inches<br />Box Weight: 50 lbs<br />Product decoration and specifications subject to change without notice.<br />Warranty: 30 days parts replacement</div>
    </div>
    <div>##</div>
    <div><span style="color: #ff0000;">No California or Canada Sales</span></div></div>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    There is a bug in the template with product descriptions. If you read the Responsive Sheffield Blue thread you will find a patch posted to fix the problem.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

OOPS. Anne was quicker.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

Following a standard process of working from the back of a forum's thread to the front one can see the following posts that reference a patch/correction for Responsive Sheffield Blue:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...41#post1259541
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...74#post1258674
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...61#post1258061

Those were found in the last two pages of the thread alone and are repeated a number of times before.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

You can also search the thread and find the exact post.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Following a standard process of working from the back of a forum's thread to the front one can see the following posts that reference a patch/correction for Responsive Sheffield Blue:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...41#post1259541
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...74#post1258674
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...61#post1258061

Those were found in the last two pages of the thread alone and are repeated a number of times before.
    Is there really NOT an updated download of the template with the patches installed? Just so I am clear, what is the most recent version of sheffield blue and what are the known patches it requires? And shouldnt the patches be listed on the page where it says "Latest download"? http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1744

(struggling to understand why its so complicated)

Plugin Contributions

Is there really NOT an updated download of the template with the patches installed? Just so I am clear, what is the most recent version of sheffield blue and what are the known patches it requires? And shouldnt the patches be listed on the page where it says "Latest download"? http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1744

(struggling to understand why its so complicated)
    The bottom line is that I have not had time to update the template package. There is a list of bugs and updates that I need to do for this template. I wish that I had more time to devote to this template, but earning a living comes first. If more users donated to the template project I could devote full time to just updating and creating new packages. Sadly, a very low percentage of users donate, around 1%. I do have this on my to -do list and will get to it as time allows. In the meantime, you can download the patches listed in the support thread.

Read the Responsive Sheffield Blue template support thread for all of the patches, etc.

Thanks,

Anne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast