Plugin Contributions

Default Payment process and unintended redirects

Hi

I am totally new to Zen cart and have inherited a job to fix some issues, i am also not really a programmer so apologies for anything I have missed out.

version Zen Cart 1.3.9f

PHP version 5.3.3

Database: MySQL 5.0.95-log

Debug log several logs saying the same thing but stopped logging them eaarlier today
    [code]PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function credit_selection() on a non-object in /var/www/vhosts/jewellerywebsite.co.uk/httpdocs/includes/templates/jewellery/templates/tpl_checkout_shipping_default.php on line 279[code]

http://www.jewellerywebsite.co.uk/

The debug logs are from when I was attempting to go through the checkout process and added coupon codes that didn't exist (Well thats what I think they are from)

It started out as a client wanting to see coupon codes before he was sent to Pay Pal...however after some digging I realised that you can only have the coupon code on a certain template. So this led me to the conclusion that the process was going wrong somewhere. so i add something to the basket, which takes me to shipping address, if I press continue on this button it sent me straight to paypal and it was only when I cancelled and got sent back to the site that the coupon section appeared. I went through all shipping settings and noticed there wasnt a post code added, I thought I would try my luck and change from the setting none to an actual post code, after testing when you clicked continue on the shipping address it hangs on payment confirmation (which can either be blank or unstyled) and then redirects to paypal. it misses out the checkout payment stage altogether unless you head to paypal and press link back to site. As I said I am v new to Zen cart, I dont understand why the payment system would skip a whole stage....please could you advise me on how I can get the process working right, and how to fix the unstyled page with the redirect....could it be that it is just a very old version that is causing the problems...

Thanks

Louise

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payment process and unintended redirects

I have fixed my initial problem, there was a redirect setting in the php header that was pointing to the wrong page....

I have read that I shouldn't be using the PayPal IPN so I want to change to the PayPal express checkout, is it a case of recording your settings in IPN and turning it off and then installing Express checkout and followng the instructions in the WIKI??

Any pointers much appreciated...

Louise

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payment process and unintended redirects

Quote Originally Posted by flymo77 View Post
    I want to change to the PayPal express checkout, is it a case of recording your settings in IPN and turning it off and then installing Express checkout and followng the instructions in the WIKI??
    1. Click Remove on the PayPal IPN/Standard module.
    2. Click Install on the PayPal Express Checkout module, and fill in the settings. Step-by-step: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?20-Installing-PayPal

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.