Plugin Contributions

Default Added to cart page disappears

Whenever I add an item to my cart I get the dreaded white page but when I check the shopping cart the item is in there, what needs to be fixed?

On my error log I found the following:

[18-Oct-2014 09:09:46] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at .../includes/languages/cherry_zen/english.php:1) in .../includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 78

Thank you for your assistance,
    Beth

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Added to cart page disappears

Now along with the above error whenever I add a new items to my shop they disappear as well. (So frustrating not having availability to advanced web coding education as our local junior college is just teaching HTML3. Talk about being stuck in 20th century technology.)

Plugin Contributions

Most likely a stray space or blank line added to the beginning of english.php. From the FAQ:

Common Cause:
    This warning is often caused by a blank space or extra line at the beginning or end of a .php file.
    Check the error for the filename that generated the error (ie: the "output started at...." filename), open that file in your text editor and remove the extra spaces or lines immediately before the first <?php marks in the file, or after the closing ?>

What program are you using to edit PHP files?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    Most likely a stray space or blank line added to the beginning of english.php. From the FAQ:

Common Cause:
    This warning is often caused by a blank space or extra line at the beginning or end of a .php file.
    Check the error for the filename that generated the error (ie: the "output started at...." filename), open that file in your text editor and remove the extra spaces or lines immediately before the first <?php marks in the file, or after the closing ?>

What program are you using to edit PHP files?
    Thank you for responding. I am using two programs, CoffeeCup and Notepad++ - could shifting back and forth between those two programs be the problem? I haven't really found a program that code checks for php yet. I tried it with both above but chaos ensue so didn't try that again.

Plugin Contributions

Did you check english.php for extra spaces? You should be able to see it/them in any editor.

I use Notepad for editing, and Notepad++ when I need line numbers. I don't know about 'code checks'.

Plugin Contributions

Yipee!!!!! there was one offending line that was changed and now everything works. How odd that it got there as I didn't touch it. No worries .. off to tighten security. Thank you so much for your patience with us beginners. It's hard due to local community colleges don't teach php - or at least my school doesn't.

Plugin Contributions

Netbeans offers php syntax checking, line completion, local/remote updating of files upon save, integration with other utilities such as git.
    As well, phpstorm seems to handle much of the same.

As for programming specific courses, I think many would advocate that if you're able to get around another programming language then php is not significantly different overall. If statements, loops, variables such as arrays, etc... Some of the differences though are things like variables associated with sessions that tie to the user accessing the site, database access integration (almost any SQL related course or book would do for the general concept). There's an entire online manual for php that while in some cases lacks in quality examples definitely provides the requirements and expected system response. It is possible for "users" to post their own examples so there really is no excuse for not helping make things easier/clearer. :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...