Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Catalog Migration between stores

I have just installed zencart 1.5.3 and need to transfer my products from 1.3.8 to 1.5.3. We opted for a clean install. Is there a way to do this other than manually adding the products to 1.5.3?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Catalog Migration From Zencart to Zencart

Much depends on whether you want to ALSO transfer across all historical activity relating to the products - which include vital data such as order histories, category linking, and much more.

If you are happy to have all that historical archive disappear, then you could simply use EASYPOPULATE to export all the product data from the old site database, to the new site database.

The BEST way to ensure the integrity of ALL data is to do a proper upgrade, rather than a new install. Zencart has been designed to do upgrades with virtually no errors along the way (assuming you have not fooled about with the structure of the core database).

My advice would be to perform a full upgrade.
    19 years a Zencart User

Okay I preformed a full upgrade and my site is working but my admin log-in page is saying 'database upgrade required. please run the 1.3.9-to-1.5.0 upgrade via zc_install'

how do I fix this problem?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nchgalleries View Post
    Okay I preformed a full upgrade and my site is working but my admin log-in page is saying 'database upgrade required. please run the 1.3.9-to-1.5.0 upgrade via zc_install'

Run www.yoursite.com/zc_install/ and make sure that you **ONLY** select database upgrade. When done you need to delete the zc_install folder from your server.

just did the upgrade once more..same error message.

Plugin Contributions

Did you receive any messages during the database upgrade process?

After I upgrade it shows these errors

SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "STORE_TELEPHONE_CUSTSERVICE" because it already exists
    SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "SSLPWSTATUSCHECK" because it already exists
    SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "SSLPWSTATUSCHECK" because it already exists
    SKIPPED: Cannot ADD column flagged because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot ADD column attention because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot ADD column gzpost because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot drop index page_accessed on table admin_activity_log because it does not exist.
    SKIPPED: Cannot drop index access_date on table admin_activity_log because it does not exist.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_page_accessed_zen to table admin_activity_log because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_access_date_zen to table admin_activity_log because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_flagged_zen to table admin_activity_log because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot ADD column admin_profile because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_admin_profile_zen to table admin because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot ADD column prev_pass1 because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot ADD column prev_pass2 because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot ADD column prev_pass3 because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot ADD column pwd_last_change_date because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot ADD column reset_token because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot ADD column last_modified because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot ADD column last_login_date because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot ADD column last_login_ip because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot ADD column failed_logins because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot ADD column lockout_expires because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot ADD column last_failed_attempt because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot ADD column last_failed_ip because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot ADD column last_failed_ip because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot DROP column admin_level because it does not exist.
    SKIPPED: Cannot DROP column admin_level because it does not exist.
    SKIPPED: Cannot ADD column status because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "PADSS_ADMIN_SESSION_TIMEOUT_ENFORCED" because it already exists
    SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "PADSS_PWD_EXPIRY_ENFORCED" because it already exists
    SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "SHOW_CATEGORY_PRODUCTS_LINKED_STATUS" because it already exists
    SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "SHOW_CATEGORY_PRODUCTS_LINKED_STATUS" because it already exists

yes I just tried to copy and paste them but I don't see them here.. here are a few of them

SKIPPED: Cannot ADD column status because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "PADSS_ADMIN_SESSION_TIMEOUT_ENFORCED" because it already exists
    SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "PADSS_PWD_EXPIRY_ENFORCED" because it already exists

Plugin Contributions

Does the same message show on the store side when looking at products, etc?
    Do the database settingsmatch between includes/configure.php and YOUR_SECRET_ADMIN/includes/configure.php

On second thought, didn't upgrade to 1.5.3? Just stopped at 1.5.0? All of the checkboxes from your previous version up to 1.5.3 should havebeen checked based on the version identified on this thread. If didn't select upto that point then the system is going to alert about needing to upgrade. If there is no option to upgrade to 1.5.3 in the zc_install then it is time toget a new version of it from http://www.zen-cart.com/getit.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I have just installed zencart 1.5.3 and need to transfer my products from 1.3.8 to 1.5.3. We opted for a clean install. Is there a way to do this other than manually adding the products to 1.5.3?
    From a Dr. Byte post (made many times in the forum and found by searching how to upgrade/rebuild/etc..) http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast