Plugin Contributions

help question How do I get orders from CBA to show in my store?

Hi,

The answer's probably staring me in the face, but I can't for the life of me figure out where it is...

I'm presently installing Checkout by Amazon, using webiprog's module. All is fine so far (I haven't had my account verified by Amazon yet), however with my test transactions, what happens regarding notifications is that Amazon send out an email to the customer...and that's it.

With my standard PayPal transactions (or, in the past, CC transactions), PayPal talks to ZC and ZC sends out an email to the customer...and, because I want it that way, an email to me. I like to keep tabs...

So - my question is; how do I get ZC to send me an email when an order is processed via Checkout by Amazon? I know there's a trigger there somewhere, but I'm blowed if I can work it out. I would have thought CBA would have triggered ZC, but it doesn't. I need to know what/where the trigger process is, so I can modify CBA as appropriate.

I'm running ZC1.5 with loads of mods (which is why I haven't updated..yet...), but I would think this is a pretty core bit of programming.

Cheers,
    Gavin

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I get orders from CBA to show in my store?

The "trigger" is something that CBA should have supplied themselves with the plugin. Their system needs to either give feedback to your store in-real-time when the info is sent to CBA, or CBA needs to post back to your store, to a script specifically designed to respond to CBA actions, a script created and included with CBA.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the info - yes, this does actually happen (info is passed from CBA, via IOPN, Instant Orders Processing Notification) - the orders *do* appear within ZC admin - but an Order Confirmation email is not then sent out. I'm presently working on looking into paypalwpp.php and paypalwpp_admin_notification.php to try and garner the logic, as PayPal works fine - orders in ZC and notification emails sent. I'll then look into the CBA files to see if I can re-use some PayPal code in there.

I suspect the ZC emails are being 'suppressed' by CBA? This may be because Amazon, having sent out an email to the customer, don't want my ZC to send another email to the customer. This would obviously impact on my 'copy' email being suppressed also. I'll probably, now I have a little more understanding, go to webiprog to see if they can shed any light on the matter. It could be that PayPal send an 'extra' bit of info, to flag that an order's just appeared, that CBA does not, maybe for the reason I surmise above.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

With PayPal Express Checkout and PayPal Pro, the submission to PayPal happens in the background in real time, and thus Zen Cart actually completes the order process instantly while the customer is still in checkout, and thus Zen Cart just continues on with its organic process of sending an email as part of checkout.

If CBA takes the customer offsite to do payment, chances are that they never return back to Zen Cart to complete the checkout, and thus they never trigger Zen Cart's internal order-completion steps which include sending notification emails. Instead they probably rely on the IOPN you named, expecting the IOPN code to handle all of those steps. I imagine the IOPN logic is where the order gets inserted into the ZC database so that it shows up in the admin, but it doesn't contain any code for sending email notifications.

Zen Cart normally sends out the emails using the send_order_email() method in the order.php class. But you can't just call that function because it's based on many dependencies involved in building an order during/for checkout, not re-assembling one after-the-fact like IOPN would need to do. You may need to copy parts of that function into your IOPN code in order to enable it to do what it's missing. There is no "hook" or "trigger" to invoke. You'll need to write code to do what your IOPN isn't doing ... or fix whatever it's trying to do but is failing to do correctly.

NOTE: I've never looked at the IOPN code you mentioned. I'm just hypothesizing based on the symptoms you described.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

OK, that's great, thanks. I now understand a) there's no actual single piece of code - there are dependencies and b) IOPN is probably just squirting order details into the database via some xml, which is decoded by the ZC CBA module...but failing to invoke all dependencies required for ZC to accept this is an actual new order.

I've emailed the coders, but with no response as yet. It looks like this may be one for the back burner and I have to get used to checking 'Orders' on a regular basis. But I'll have a good dig around in the IOPN specs and in the CBA modules - seems like a good way to get to know more about the code that's involved.

CBA does *appear* to be doing stuff in real time, as the customer appears to remain on the ZC site and extra frames appear on the checkout pages, for selection of delivery address and payment options gleaned from their Amazon account - but I accept it might not be. Interesting!

If I get anywhere useful, I'll come back and report, as it may well be useful for others who don't have a full Merchant Account and don't just want to use PayPal.

Thanks for your help.
    Cheers!