Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Mixed category shipping calculation

My shipping cart with mixed category products won't calculate.
    For my shipping cost calculations I cloned the zones module and have separate product category id's for each. In the shopping cart, shipping will currently calculate for anything in the same category group, but will not calculate for mixed products. I get "Sorry we are not shipping to your region at this time."
    I came across this information regarding adding a function to calculate a mixed cart but have no idea where this would go. I guessing you copy from the the shipping class and add it somewhere else. Is this necessary in order for the shopping cart to calculate for products of different categories? Where does this code go?
    I would appreciate any help as I've been struggling with this for 3 weeks and have not been able to find an answer that has worked.

thx

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen-Shot-2014-10-20-at-6.27.38-PM.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	14633
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Mixed category shipping calculation

You have 3 posts about shipping but you have me confused on what exactly you are trying to do ...

I cannot tell if you really want to calculate the Item count per category based on the master_categories_id or if you are trying to obtain some piece of data from the Products using the in_cart_check or what ...

Then, because of your first post on shipping, it sounds like you are trying to make 3 separate Zone Rate totals depending on the group of categories_id and combine them together but do this on a per Zone basis ...

This is kind of like trying to calculate too much in too many ways where it is almost like a Zone Rate at a Product level based on the individual shipping Zones based on each separate Product ...

Could you slowly spell out your idea of shipping cost and the break down that you are trying to achieve and just use this one thread? Thanks!
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi, thanks,

I have 3 types of products which require different shipping cost calculations due to size and weight:
    A)large books
    B)postcards
    c)Prints

I would like to be able to ship to 3 zones:
    1)Canada
    2)U.S.
    3)World

I had decided to use the zones shipping module so I cloned it so I could have separate shipping calculations for each product type based on zones - zonesbooks, zonespostcards, and zonesprints.
    This way if some one from the U.S. orders a book it's calculated differently than if someone in Canada orders one. So far this works fine if someone orders one type of product, books for example, or if they only order postcards. If, however someone orders books and postcards the shipping won't calculate and I get the "Sorry we are not shipping to your region at this time".

Hope this makes sense.

Plugin Contributions

Forgot to add I used the master category id's to define which products for which zones module with the following code:

// disable only when entire cart is free shipping
    if (zen_get_shipping_enabled($this->code)) {
    $this->enabled = ((MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES2_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);
    }

/*added to allow zonespostcards for shipping postcards id 22,23,24,25,26,12*/

if (!IS_ADMIN_FLAG) {
    global $cart;
    $chk_categories = 0;
    $chk_categories += $_SESSION['cart']->in_cart_check('master_categories_id','12');
    $chk_categories += $_SESSION['cart']->in_cart_check('master_categories_id','22');
    $chk_categories += $_SESSION['cart']->in_cart_check('master_categories_id','23');
    $chk_categories += $_SESSION['cart']->in_cart_check('master_categories_id','24');
    $chk_categories += $_SESSION['cart']->in_cart_check('master_categories_id','25');
    $chk_categories += $_SESSION['cart']->in_cart_check('master_categories_id','26');
    if ($_SESSION['cart']->count_contents() != $chk_categories) {
    $this->enabled = false;
    }
    }

Plugin Contributions

You have:
    I have 3 types of products which require different shipping cost calculations due to size and weight:
    A)large books
    B)postcards
    c)Prints

I would like to be able to ship to 3 zones:
    1)Canada
    2)U.S.
    3)World
    Can you give an example of what you are trying to charge for the large books, postcards and prints?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    You have:

Can you give an example of what you are trying to charge for the large books, postcards and prints?
    The books are large but light.
    The books Zone 1 are:
    1 = 17.50
    2 = 17.50 + .75
    3 = 17.50 + 1.50
    4 = 17.50 + 2.25
    etc.
    The books Zone 2 are:
    1 = 20.00
    2 = 20.00 + 3.05
    3 = 20.00 + 6.10
    4 = 20.00 + 9.15
    etc.

Postcards Zone 1 are:
    1 - 10 = 2.75
    11 - 20 = 3.40
    21 - 30 = 4.05
    etc.
    postcards Zone 2 are:
    1 - 10 = 4.60
    11 - 20 = 5.84
    21 - 30 = 7.57
    etc

I' haven't done the world calculations yet, or the print pricing which may be similar to books depending on how I package them. Currently I'm looking to start with the books and postcards then expand from there.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lot49 View Post
    The books are large but light.
    The books Zone 1 are:
    1 = 17.50
    2 = 17.50 + .75
    3 = 17.50 + 1.50
    4 = 17.50 + 2.25
    etc.
    The books Zone 2 are:
    1 = 20.00
    2 = 20.00 + 3.05
    3 = 20.00 + 6.10
    4 = 20.00 + 9.15
    etc.

Postcards Zone 1 are:
    1 - 10 = 2.75
    11 - 20 = 3.40
    21 - 30 = 4.05
    etc.
    postcards Zone 2 are:
    1 - 10 = 4.60
    11 - 20 = 5.84
    21 - 30 = 7.57
    etc

I' haven't done the world calculations yet, or the print pricing which may be similar to books depending on how I package them. Currently I'm looking to start with the books and postcards then expand from there.
    Does this make sense? Is there a better way to be calculating the shipping? Can you make a cart of mixed zones shipping calculate together?

Plugin Contributions

The only thing I can think to do is write a completely custom shipping module for your shipping then clone it for your 3 Zones ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    The only thing I can think to do is write a completely custom shipping module for your shipping then clone it for your 3 Zones ...
    Thanks Ajeh.
    I don't know much coding. What would it cost to have someone write a custom shipping module?

I was wondering if I could maybe clone the item module for each product group requiring a specific calculation, and then use the master id's to specify which item module to use. Would that work for combining shipping cost totals?

Plugin Contributions

Let's break this into steps ...

First, let's identify the 3 Product groups:
    Books
    Postcards
    Prints

How on your site, can these be identified?

Perhaps an url to your site would be helpful to see if what you are explaining in the identity of these Product groups is what I am specifically asking for ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast